Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you see a soft v. hard pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you see a soft v. hard pull?

We've been talking a lot about soft pulls and hard pulls.  I understand the difference, but don't know where I go to SEE the 'soft' pull?  I don't see it listed anywhere on the myFico power reports..and it's not on my True Credit one either.  So far, I've been guessing based on the absence of a hard pull when I apply, but I'd love to know who is peaking in.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How do you see a soft v. hard pull?

Unfortunately MyFICO and TC don't offer soft pull info. The only place to find it is on each CR pulled directly from EX, EQ, or TU.
Message 2 of 15
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Soviyana wrote:
We've been talking a lot about soft pulls and hard pulls.  I understand the difference, but don't know where I go to SEE the 'soft' pull?  I don't see it listed anywhere on the myFico power reports..and it's not on my True Credit one either.  So far, I've been guessing based on the absence of a hard pull when I apply, but I'd love to know who is peaking in.

Thanks!

The softs show up on the CR's you get directly from each CRA (or via something like annualcreditreport.com).

ETA:  Oops, llecs beat me to it. lol.

Message Edited by scapegrace13 on 05-20-2008 06:36 AM

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use truecredit click on the "dispute" link and start to go through the process (you won't actually submit a dispute) - this will show you the REAL CRA report and will list the softs (I know this works for EX and EQ - not sure about TU). I use the method you mention - if it doesn't show as a hard it must have been a soft...

Message Edited by techno-pagan on 05-20-2008 06:52 AM

Message Edited by techno-pagan on 05-20-2008 06:53 AM
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

techno-pagan wrote:
If you use truecredit click on the "dispute" link and start to go through the process (you won't actually submit a dispute) - this will show you the REAL CRA report and will list the softs (I know this works for EX and EQ - not sure about TU). I use the method you mention - if it doesn't show as a hard it must have been a soft...

Super Techno - Thanks.  I really want to track this so I know for the future.  USBank supposedly will do an automatic increase at 6 mo with a soft-pull.  Want to be sure that's what happens Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use the online dispute for EX, you can see them there. That's how I know Amex softed me 2 weeks after I got my card. Don't know about any other CRAs outside of using annualcreditreport.com.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can use old report number to get experian.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been waiting for a post like this...I know the difference in hard vs. soft as far as score impact..but what is the difference on what the company sees when they do a soft pull...vs. a hard pull
Message 8 of 15
guydiver
Established Contributor

Hello all......
I too have always wondered what they see in a "soft" vs. "hard" pull.  I know that all of the pre-approved offers I get are soft pulls, but they don't seem to have much info. in them because all of the small print states something about meeting their credit qualifications....or something or other like that.
My first post.  Have been reading for months.....invaluable info on here.  I'm up over 100 points now on two reports, and about 100 on EX.  That's over a two year period.
TU- 672
EX-654
EQ 698
Message 9 of 15
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

sly and guy, they see all of the information on a soft pull.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.