How do you use credit cards

tag
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Re: How do you use credit cards

@FastForward wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Networth wrote:

Some Bank's may view someone paying your mortage(a loan/debt) with another loan(credit card) as desperation and a sign of financial difficulty or strain. Honestly if I could find a cost effective way to do it I would pay everything, including my auto loan(s) with a CC. I know Amex offer's this service but it is for very specfic dealers whom they have a contract with. 

If you can buy  VR (or at a pinch gift cards) with credit cards, that is a fairly cost effective way, depending on the card and how you value the rewards.

I've been wondering -- would a CCC consider using VR's & Bluebird to pay ongoing monthly bills like your mortgage, car, etc. as MS (which I've read you may get AA for)?  I would think not, but this question has crossed my mind.

It is absolutely MS by the very definition of MS... but done in moderation, it's fine.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.