cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does $15 speed up an HSBC payment?

tag
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: How does $15 speed up an HSBC payment?

haulingthescoreup wrote:

And BTW, in hopes of avoiding a possible lecture, the dates I focus on are statement dates, as I am paying early in hopes of having $0 report. I don't mess with due dates. Any balance due has generally been paid 4 weeks ahead of the due date. Smiley Happy

Exactly.  I either pay immediately when the statement posts, or I'll schedule the electronic payment to be made three or four days prior to it being due, leaving sufficient time for it to to post to the account.  It's all part of responsible management of your money.  Too many people have gotten into trouble by forgetting to pay the bill and then getting caught with fee's and the subsequent late notices on their CR's.  It can all be avoided.
Message 21 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchmann wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

in hopes of avoiding a possible lecture. . . .

Exactly. I either pay immediately when the statement posts, or I'll schedule the electronic payment to be made three or four days prior to it being due, leaving sufficient time for it to to post to the account. It's all part of responsible management of your money. Too many people have gotten into trouble by forgetting to pay the bill and then getting caught with fee's and the subsequent late notices on their CR's. It can all be avoided.

pssssst, HTSU wrote "in hopes of avoiding" a possible lecture".... you couldn't resist could you Watchmann? Smiley Happy

I think we all understand how to pay bills on time, how to be responsible, the concept, etc.. what I was asking originally was about why the $15 fee for nothing?

I loved the line about the Bob Cratchet type!! I can imagine some guy like that getting ready to go home from work...grabbing his briefcase and then lo and behold....a $15 express payment comes through and he shakes his fist at the computer screen, puts his briefcase back down, sits back down and punches everything through!! He might even put on another pot of coffee to help him stay up for the other express payments comin' in. Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 25
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Seriously. On their website, there is an option to pay "standard" or "express". the standard payment usually takes around 3 days to clear and post, etc....while the "express" option posts the payment to your account that same day.

Now this sounds fine and good but the "express" is $15 extra. I guess I could understand REALLY needing to use it if you forgot to pay and your payment was the next or the same day, then yeah, I could see using the "express" option.

My question is....what is it, for the $15, that express works faster and posts that same day?

It is all done electronically and computerized ....so what gives? Does the $15 speed up the electric current in the computers? Does it make someone push buttons faster? No.

Why not have the "express" delivery be the only option? And for free? Or is it that HSBC sees this scam as a way to milk more money out of sub-primers?

It's a scam to get more money out of the customer. I have three Cap1 accounts and I pay them online the day the are due before 3PM and the payment is posted that day. Same with Juniper, same with Macys. I have to pay my Orchard bank cards four to five days in advance so as not to be "late'.
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

LouMinotti wrote: It's a scam to get more money out of the customer. I have three Cap1 accounts and I pay them online the day the are due before 3PM and the payment is posted that day. Same with Juniper, same with Macys. I have to pay my Orchard bank cards four to five days in advance so as not to be "late'.
Orchard always posts within 48hrs for me unless I pay on friday or saturday. If I pay on sunday payment always posts nexday.Smiley Wink
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.