Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does CL helps with Scores?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How does CL helps with Scores?

Right now I have 13900 in total CL. My Total Oustanding Balance is less than $100. I do PIF every month.

Right now Ficos, TU 692 / EX 662 / EQ 651

Question1: If I were to increase my CL to 12K ( Total at that time 25,900 CL) by adding Additional Deposit to my Secured CC Accounts, what kind of score gain do I see?

Question2: I am wating for Kay $5k / Jared $5K / Amex Oasis $5K to show on the CR's. If that happens in addition to CL from the first step ( I meant 25,900 + 5+5+5 = 40,900 CL ). What kind of gain would I see?

Question 3: Once step 1 and step 2 are done and all the updated CL shows on CR's. At that time If I can get rid of 3 Paid Collections and some lates what kind of gain can I see?

I want to see if what I can do to reach scores of 750 by mid next year. Does any of these above steps help me to reach those scores?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does CL helps with Scores?

Right now CL isn't the problem.  What are the baddies on your report if any? could your average length or number of inqs..... any combo

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-19-2007 12:54 PM
Message 2 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

At that time If I can get rid of 3 Paid Collections and some lates what kind of gain can I see?

Take care of these and you'll go through the roof.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Brammy. Couple of things. Does the addtional CL give any score boost at all, even though minimal?

Second thing

1. Once Amex is added hopefully my length of Credit grow from 9 years to 12 years.

2. As per the baddies, I have 3 P/C reporting on EX. 1 P/C Reporting on EQ. 2 P/C Reporting on EQ.

3. One Paid Judgement Reporting on TU. That should come out soon.

4. As per the lates 4 on TU / 4. and  64 on EQ and 68 on EX. I am trying to get these lates out as they are not valid.

5. I think I have SL reporting Twice. That I am trying to take them out.

I am hoping these results and combined with CLI from the op I am hoping to see some gain.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really don't see how additional limit is going to help at this point.
Message 5 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Brammy, I travel quite a bit and it is not a bad idea to have extra CL, just in case if I need.
 Having more CL does it have negative effect on my scores? Too much credit and things like that?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe you should get all the limit you can while you can.   Of course there is a possiblity you will need it for uti in the future but your original question was as to whether or not additional would improve your scores.
Message 7 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Brammy, Thank you very much for your help and advice. I'll focus on both CLI and getting baddies. out. Let us see 2008 brings to me.

Happy Holidays and Prosperous New Year to you and all in this forum.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.