Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 186
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

How does Discover treat anniversaries???

     Hello Fico World! My Discover More card is about to have its one year anniversary in 2 weeks. From experience or hear say, what have most of you Discovered *pun intended* in their treatment to anniversaries concerning CLi's?? Also, do they review your account on the exact date? Like say anniversary of the exact date application was filled out, that will be the date they review on one year later? 

     Also, I've been keeping a balance on the card (taking advantage of the 15 month 0% APR) will that affect my Cli?? I mean, I've been making large payments, never minimum due, but thats the only card I let report a balance; which, the balance right now is 300/2000. My credit reports 4% Utilization on all cards combined if you needed to know-i'm wondering if they check all of that and or they check my current credit score?? 

     Thanks for the advice in advance!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

    *****oops, one MORE thing (lol) Will they automatically PC me to the IT card?? Or do I have to do IT myself??? Sorry with the puns, 3 rd cup of coffeeee here!:smileyembarrassed:

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 4,800 /Discover IT 3,000/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,632
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???


percy81 wrote:

     Hello Fico World! My Discover More card is about to have its one year anniversary in 2 weeks. From experience or hear say, what have most of you Discovered *pun intended* in their treatment to anniversaries concerning CLi's?? Also, do they review your account on the exact date? Like say anniversary of the exact date application was filled out, that will be the date they review on one year later? 

     Also, I've been keeping a balance on the card (taking advantage of the 15 month 0% APR) will that affect my Cli?? I mean, I've been making large payments, never minimum due, but thats the only card I let report a balance; which, the balance right now is 300/2000. My credit reports 4% Utilization on all cards combined if you needed to know-i'm wondering if they check all of that and or they check my current credit score?? 

     Thanks for the advice in advance!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

    *****oops, one MORE thing (lol) Will they automatically PC me to the IT card?? Or do I have to do IT myself??? Sorry with the puns, 3 rd cup of coffeeee here!:smileyembarrassed:


It does seem to be a review/CLI on the exact anniversary. I've long forgotten what my exact anniversary is, but their auto-CLIs always come (for me) about a week after my statement cuts.

 

Fortunately, DIscover doesn't seem fussy at all about people keeping balances. I've gotten auto-CLIs while having as much as 45% utilization on the card, and one of those was my most generous CLI from Discover.

 

As of now, I believe they're not doing auto-PCs to the It card. I expect they will at some point, but for now we have to ask. Very simple, quick phone call, though.

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,694
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

They sent me a Starbucks gift card, but not sure if it's for anniversary or some other thing they were running.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 186
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

Starbucks *yuck* better than nothing I suppose. Dunkin Donuts coffee #1 IMO

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 4,800 /Discover IT 3,000/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

That's funny! I got a Starbucks card after my first statement! It just made me want to use 'It' more. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 384
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

Wow, I've never gotten any Starbuck's cards.  Sheesh.  Nor have I gotten an auto CLI on my anniversary date, though I did eventually get a SP CLI last month after having the card since 11/11.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 186
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

Haha, nice *pun* lexie :smileyhappy:  I was getting an auto increase every 3 months, granted they were in increments of 250-350 each; nonetheless, I got them and I believe I read somewhere on here that the every 3 month auto is just for the first 12 months then after they will only auto on the yearly anniversary month! So much to learn:smileytongue:

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 4,800 /Discover IT 3,000/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,632
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???


percy81 wrote:

Haha, nice *pun* lexie :smileyhappy:  I was getting an auto increase every 3 months, granted they were in increments of 250-350 each; nonetheless, I got them and I believe I read somewhere on here that the every 3 month auto is just for the first 12 months then after they will only auto on the yearly anniversary month! So much to learn:smileytongue:


It's true that they generally auto-CLI only one yearly anniversaries. But it's not an ironclad rule. A couple of years ago, after not giving me any CLI through the early years of the credit crunch, they made up for it by giving two auto-CLIs on one year, one at six months and one on the anniversary.

 

Starbucks cards? Never. Not that it would do any good where I live. They have, however, given me double bonus points on every purchase durning the month of my birthday -- not the card anniversary month, but my birth month. They've done that the last two years, I think.

 

Discover is so nice.

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 229
Registered: ‎02-20-2013
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???


Gunnar419 wrote:

percy81 wrote:

     Hello Fico World! My Discover More card is about to have its one year anniversary in 2 weeks. From experience or hear say, what have most of you Discovered *pun intended* in their treatment to anniversaries concerning CLi's?? Also, do they review your account on the exact date? Like say anniversary of the exact date application was filled out, that will be the date they review on one year later? 

     Also, I've been keeping a balance on the card (taking advantage of the 15 month 0% APR) will that affect my Cli?? I mean, I've been making large payments, never minimum due, but thats the only card I let report a balance; which, the balance right now is 300/2000. My credit reports 4% Utilization on all cards combined if you needed to know-i'm wondering if they check all of that and or they check my current credit score?? 

     Thanks for the advice in advance!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

    *****oops, one MORE thing (lol) Will they automatically PC me to the IT card?? Or do I have to do IT myself??? Sorry with the puns, 3 rd cup of coffeeee here!:smileyembarrassed:


It does seem to be a review/CLI on the exact anniversary. I've long forgotten what my exact anniversary is, but their auto-CLIs always come (for me) about a week after my statement cuts.

 

Fortunately, DIscover doesn't seem fussy at all about people keeping balances. I've gotten auto-CLIs while having as much as 45% utilization on the card, and one of those was my most generous CLI from Discover.

 

As of now, I believe they're not doing auto-PCs to the It card. I expect they will at some point, but for now we have to ask. Very simple, quick phone call, though.

 


I opened my Discover in April '12.  I've gotten 2 auto CLI so far, $7500 -> $8300 (3mo) -> $10,300 (9mo).  I put heavy use on it, but pay weekly, even kept a high balance (85%) temporarily.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,800; Discover IT $15,000; PenFed Plat Rewards Signature $14,000; AMEX BCE $11,800; AMEX SPG $8,100; Citi Simplicity $10,000; Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $5,000; Chase Ink Classic $3,000; GE Lumber Liquidators $7000; GE Care Credit $2000
Regular Contributor
Posts: 186
Registered: ‎02-05-2012
0

Re: How does Discover treat anniversaries???

I love my discover card, I don't recall getting anything for my birth month in august :smileysad: or maybe I did? :smileyindifferent: Anyway, If I do get an auto increase in two weeks i'll be a happy camper, but if not I still love that card!! :smileyhappy: The only thing keeping that card from being my MAIN card is that my chase freedom gives me 10/10 by linking my chase checking and savings...LOTS of earning potential there, plus I get cash rewards with the debit on promotions!

Current: TU 753 EQ 755 EX 753 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: Chase freedom 4,800 /Discover IT 3,000/ Zales 6,000/Care credit 10,000 / kohls 1,500/ LensCrafters 2,400/Capital1 platinum 1,000
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.