Established Contributor
jaxstraw

How does NavChek work ???

The wife is thinking of opening a LOC w/ NFCU and using NavChek.

Does anyone have this product and how does it work , or what is the process .

Thanks

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Contributor
TexCredit

Re: How does NavChek work ???

I've got it, and it works two ways.

1. It's an overdraft protection LOC for your checking account.  Any check or debit that comes through that would have averdrawn your checking account will be covered by a transfer from your LOC to your checking account, up to the full amount of your LOC.

2. You can also draw on it as a LOC directly by asking for an order of NavCheck checks.  This allows you to draw on your LOC without emptying your checking account first.

Tip: If you're out of NavCheck checks and need to access your LOC directly without emptying all the cash from your checking account, simply write a check from your checking account and trasfer most/all of the money from your checking to your savings until the check clears (so it draws on your LOC).  Once the check clears, move your cash back to checking.
Life is a gamble. Get out there, roll the dice and see what happens. You can't win if you don't play!
Established Contributor
jaxstraw

Thanks, how do you repay the OD/Loan after it goes thru ??
Installments ?? Minimum payments due like a CC ( although I PIF this is for the wife),etc.
Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

jaxstraw wrote:
Thanks, how do you repay the OD/Loan after it goes thru ??
Installments ?? Minimum payments due like a CC ( although I PIF this is for the wife),etc.
Jax

It's basically like a credit card, except without the crazy cash advance fees. Mine is a 12.5 percent for $10,000 LOC.
Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+