cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does PIF weekly affect my chances in getting Auto-CLI?

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Re: How does PIF weekly affect my chances in getting Auto-CLI?

I agree with above 

Message 21 of 22
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Re: How does PIF weekly affect my chances in getting Auto-CLI?

@Revelate wrote:

@Pworld wrote:

But, what if.....

You have a limit from $500-1500 and need to pay a few times a month due to heavy activity?

I do this weekly on my $500 limit chase freedom, which i use the most because of the %5 and 1% opposed to a higer limit discover i have with %5 and .025%. I hope that they see quickly that i need more of a limit and run a lot of consistent activity through it. 

In this case, fully using one's limit and paying it multiple times a month is a good strategy for getting a CLI on the individual card or lender (in this case Chase).  Other lenders may not see that though for their underwriting criteria; however, Chase in this scenario will have upsides in increasing your limit and you have a reasonable request in raising it too with  your heavy utilization.

If this is the card / lender you wish to grow a relationship with, this strategy is nothing but goodness in my opinion... it's a completely different scenario though than using the weekly payment to never let your card go above 10% utilization.  Personally I would still let one of those near max limits report so other lenders can see that at least you're using the $500 CL, and it's a discussion point for higher limits from them on other approvals if you can explain your spending habits during a recon / manual review.

Edit: it's not all about scores Smiley Happy.  Spend is a non-trivial factor in obtaining CL's from many lenders.

Great Reply!! thank you. I am trying to get higher limits at this point, not so much more cards. And even using up the $500 and paying down a few times a month, my util isnt going to skyrocket because i have 2500 of total credit i really never use, and if i do its PIF

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.