Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does PenFed stack up?

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: How does PenFed stack up?

I have the Plat Rewards which I use as a daily driver great card for gas and grocery purchases. High credit lines with PFCU. Would highly recommend. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Really appreciate it. I'm heavily leaning towards PenFed Cash Rewards over the Citi DC. Just trying to decide if the extra 0.5% is worth the required $500 cash flow monthly in their checking account. Someone mentioned they heard some people are able to get the extra 0.5% without the $500 in the checking account. Any idea how this is achieved? Just don't add the $500 and see what happens, or call them and ask for an exception?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Really appreciate it. I'm heavily leaning towards PenFed Cash Rewards over the Citi DC. Just trying to decide if the extra 0.5% is worth the required $500 cash flow monthly in their checking account. Someone mentioned they heard some people are able to get the extra 0.5% without the $500 in the checking account. Any idea how this is achieved? Just don't add the $500 and see what happens, or call them and ask for an exception?

I've been with Penfed maybe a year.  I am a big fan, and every time I turn around, they get better.

You do need to be part of a group they work with to join (as they are a credit union).  Originally, I got in because my father had been in the military at one point.  If no family member has ever been in the military, ANY donation to the Red Cross (including the donation of blood) will qualify you.

They have been going around lately, buying up other credit unions, which means they are now local to me.  They took a great CU and made it even better.

The $500 cash flow means you need at least $500 in deposits to the account (direct deposit of pay is a great way to get there) every month.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.