Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a PC affect my AAofA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does a PC affect my AAofA?

I am at a dead end as far as my CapOne Platinum is concerned. It's my only card that absolutely will not grow. I have thought about PCing it to another Cap One card (probably the QS) to avoid taking the inquiry hit. If I were to successfully do this, would it report as a new account? And if so, would it lower my AAofA?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: How does a PC affect my AAofA?

It won't be a new TL therefor has no affect on AAoA.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

it should not, because all the card number and acct info stays the same!

Message 4 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am at a dead end as far as my CapOne Platinum is concerned. It's my only card that absolutely will not grow. I have thought about PCing it to another Cap One card (probably the QS) to avoid taking the inquiry hit. If I were to successfully do this, would it report as a new account? And if so, would it lower my AAofA?

Thanks!

Have you tried contacting the EO for a CLI? 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not contacted them as of yet. So far I've only tried with a customer service rep and was denied (this was about two months ago).

My next step once I decide which card to PC to will be to contact the EO.

Message 6 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not contacted them as of yet. So far I've only tried with a customer service rep and was denied (this was about two months ago).

My next step once I decide which card to PC to will be to contact the EO.

If you've already had the card 6 months, PC it to a Quicksilver One. 

Cap1 is very finicky about CLI's in general. For some people, they hand them out like candy - there are several reports of people getting CLI's every few months, or after 60 days, or even before their credit steps are complete. For me, they have someone waiting to press the DENIED button before I even ask. I had to go to the EO to get both of my cards increased.

In 4 months, (In theory, every 6 months your account is eligible for a CLI) I'll hit the LUV button, and if I get denied, I'll go to the EO again. My eventual goal is to get rid of the $39 and $19 AF's on my cards by getting them over the $3k mark - this will allow me to PC them to regular QS's with no AF. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.