cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

Thank you all for exposing me to the Shopping Cart Trick, what qualifies you to get a popup? Is there a certain amount in the cart? Is it your info? What cause this popup? Also how can they preapprove you? What is this base on? Is this base on your information prior to paying? Like Name/Address/Phone? I would like to this one day, since it is a soft pull. Thanks in advance

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

There have been a lot of posts covering the 'shopping cart trick'. You might want to use the search feature and read the different responses/ results.

I think you will find your answers.

Goodluck. By the way... I thought you were in the garden?
Message 2 of 3
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

I've only noticed it for comenity cards like jcrew. You add something in your cart and check out as guest and enter your contact information as it appears on your report and when you get to shipping/payment options if youre pre approved it'll pop if not your not Smiley Tongue
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.