Frequent Contributor
JMills

How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for exposing me to the Shopping Cart Trick, what qualifies you to get a popup? Is there a certain amount in the cart? Is it your info? What cause this popup? Also how can they preapprove you? What is this base on? Is this base on your information prior to paying? Like Name/Address/Phone? I would like to this one day, since it is a soft pull. Thanks in advance

09Lexie

Re: How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

There have been a lot of posts covering the 'shopping cart trick'. You might want to use the search feature and read the different responses/ results.

I think you will find your answers.

Goodluck. By the way... I thought you were in the garden?
Established Contributor
colindidit

Re: How does a Pre-approval Popups for a Shopping Cart Trick?

I've only noticed it for comenity cards like jcrew. You add something in your cart and check out as guest and enter your contact information as it appears on your report and when you get to shipping/payment options if youre pre approved it'll pop if not your not :smileytongue:
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+