Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a SP or HP look on your CRs

tag
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: How does a SP or HP look on your CRs

Have you used annualcreditreport.com recently? 

Personally, I consider EX to be the best value because with the report number you can use it for 3 months and it will update, while TU and EQ are a one-time deal. 

ETA: As myjourney wrote, seeing SPs can be very useful. I like to monitor AmEx softs for amusement. 

Message 11 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I use Ex number for three months, EQ, I can reuse that number too. Sadly, TU is a one-time deal.
Message 12 of 19
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Lexie, for EQ does the report actually update if you reuse the number? I was under the impression it would show you the same report. 

Message 13 of 19
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@JMills wrote:
Ok thanks, is it mandatory that I see a SP? Or it doesn't matter? Because I'm paying myfico monthly to get my scores. I don't want to pay someone else to see a SP

It's mandatory that CRAs provide soft pull info and all other detail on your credit report when you get it directly. You get this with the annual free redit reports.  Third party providers are not obligated to do this. Generally they condense and format a report to include the things that are of the most significance and format things in a way that is most easily understood.

MyFico reports don't include historical balance information nor hard inquiries that are over 1 year old. Older Inqs aren't reported because they don't affect FICO scores even though they may affect a lender's internal scores. Presumably, historical monthly balances are also not used in FICO scores since one could assume that if they were MyFICO reports would include them. This does seem odd to me since I would think trending info would be of some value in assessing risk. Maybe FICO does use them but current balance info is the most significant and consumers already know what their prior balances were.

It would be a lot more useful to credit geeks if MyFICO had an option to pull full reports given the fairly high cost to get them.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 14 of 19
JMills
Frequent Contributor

So I have to get monthly reports from all three CRs, @myjourney I would like to know this info as well. How much are the fees for this report?,the one withthe Sp info. Is there anywhere I can get it for free?
Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 15 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JMills wrote:
So I have to get monthly reports from all three CRs@, @myjourney I would like to know this info as well. How much are the fees for this report?,the one withthe Sp info. Is there anywhere I can get it for free?

No 

You have 2 options 

(1) yearly annual credit reports Free once a year includes all 3 CR's

(2) If you apply for credit and get denied you are entitled to a free report for that CR only

Other than that it will cost to pull any and that can be expensive

I don't advise unless your getting ready to app or need to see if baddies have been removed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 19
JMills
Frequent Contributor

Ok I have not use annualcreditreport.com I will give it a try. When you say you can use EX for three months, where did you get this report? From myfico or somewhere else?
Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 17 of 19
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

From annualcreditreport.com. Make sure you write down the report number and you can reuse it for 3 months.

I am not sure if buying a report directly from experian.com will also let you use it for 3 months. Presumably yes. 

Message 18 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.