Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does everyone use their cards?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

How does everyone use their cards?

I tend to use my cards to gain rewards and goodies, then pay them off in full or under 25% util every month.

Recently, I have had many friends who have had their limits reduced or acounts closed due to non usage. I can understand the creditors not wanting to leave a consumer with that option. The logic of it makes sense to me.

In any case, how does everyone use their cards? Gad, food, dining, online purchasing, goodies? I personally have different cards allocated for use towards different types of purchases depending on which cards get the best rewards.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does everyone use their cards?

@ngerasimatos wrote:

I tend to use my cards to gain rewards and goodies, then pay them off in full or under 25% util every month.

Recently, I have had many friends who have had their limits reduced or acounts closed due to non usage. I can understand the creditors not wanting to leave a consumer with that option. The logic of it makes sense to me.

In any case, how does everyone use their cards? Gad, food, dining, online purchasing, goodies? I personally have different cards allocated for use towards different types of purchases depending on which cards get the best rewards.

So do I ... me too !!   Smiley Very Happy  

I uses my ccs for everything except at cash only stores and PIF by due date or before closing date, then I only have three ccs balance get reported.   Therefore, I only carry very small amount of cash in my wallet.

Message 2 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

i use them any way i want.  i'm not a slave to my cards Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

i use them any way i want.  i'm not a slave to my cards Smiley Tongue

Best Answer of the Day!!

Message 4 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I run them up to the 95%.    Pay minimum after statement cuts (for safety).   Pay full balance by due date ( Rarely if ever pay interest).   Sometimes pay early to clear credit for more charges.  

I think credit should work for me.

IMO.   Rebuilding or building is about showing as much credit use as possible without mistakes.        

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use them to maximize my FICO score and get as many rewards points as I can. Our NFCU rewards pay for Christmas every year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.