Valued Contributor
ngerasimatos

How does everyone use their cards?

I tend to use my cards to gain rewards and goodies, then pay them off in full or under 25% util every month.

Recently, I have had many friends who have had their limits reduced or acounts closed due to non usage. I can understand the creditors not wanting to leave a consumer with that option. The logic of it makes sense to me.

In any case, how does everyone use their cards? Gad, food, dining, online purchasing, goodies? I personally have different cards allocated for use towards different types of purchases depending on which cards get the best rewards.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

700 Club
Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

Re: How does everyone use their cards?

ngerasimatos wrote:

I tend to use my cards to gain rewards and goodies, then pay them off in full or under 25% util every month.

Recently, I have had many friends who have had their limits reduced or acounts closed due to non usage. I can understand the creditors not wanting to leave a consumer with that option. The logic of it makes sense to me.

In any case, how does everyone use their cards? Gad, food, dining, online purchasing, goodies? I personally have different cards allocated for use towards different types of purchases depending on which cards get the best rewards.

So do I ... me too !!   :smileyvery-happy:  

I uses my ccs for everything except at cash only stores and PIF by due date or before closing date, then I only have three ccs balance get reported.   Therefore, I only carry very small amount of cash in my wallet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

i use them any way i want.  i'm not a slave to my cards :smileytongue:

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.
Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

laz98 wrote:

i use them any way i want.  i'm not a slave to my cards :smileytongue:

Best Answer of the Day!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

I run them up to the 95%.    Pay minimum after statement cuts (for safety).   Pay full balance by due date ( Rarely if ever pay interest).   Sometimes pay early to clear credit for more charges.  

I think credit should work for me.

IMO.   Rebuilding or building is about showing as much credit use as possible without mistakes.        

Established Member
FreeInNH

I use them to maximize my FICO score and get as many rewards points as I can. Our NFCU rewards pay for Christmas every year.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+