Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does recon work?

tag
DrDG
Established Member

How does recon work?

Anyone out there been denied then approved via recon? OR....anyone out there been approved but immediately requested a higher limit through recon and it actually worked? I have NOT yet applied, I'm about a week away from my baddie dropping off and then I can apply for the cards I want. 

GOAL CARDS (Please tell me if these cards have good recon)

Discover

Capital One

Barclaycard

Ink Plus (Is this even a good card to apply for if you really don't have any other business cards?)

I am so excited! I've been reading all of your posts and have learned so very much! I think I would like to start with these and then I can possibly branch out to a couple of store cards. 

Goal store cards

The Limited

Nordstrom

Neiman Marcus

Walmart Visa

Shell Gas 

Best Buy

Gap

If anyone has any of these cards, please give your opinion on them and tell me if it was easy to get, did you have to call recon, what your scores were (aprox) at the time of approval and so forth. Also, how many is too many to apply for in one day? I do not intend to apply for all of these at the same time. I just want to know if applying for maybe 4 or 5 in one day is safe or is that too many? Thank you in advance for your time. 

Rebuilding with goals of reaching 750.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does recon work?

@DrDG wrote:

Anyone out there been denied then approved via recon? OR....anyone out there been approved but immediately requested a higher limit through recon and it actually worked? I have NOT yet applied, I'm about a week away from my baddie dropping off and then I can apply for the cards I want. 

GOAL CARDS (Please tell me if these cards have good recon)

Discover

Capital One

Barclaycard

Ink Plus (Is this even a good card to apply for if you really don't have any other business cards?)

I am so excited! I've been reading all of your posts and have learned so very much! I think I would like to start with these and then I can possibly branch out to a couple of store cards. 

Goal store cards

The Limited

Nordstrom

Neiman Marcus

Walmart Visa

Shell Gas 

Best Buy

Gap

If anyone has any of these cards, please give your opinion on them and tell me if it was easy to get, did you have to call recon, what your scores were (aprox) at the time of approval and so forth. Also, how many is too many to apply for in one day? I do not intend to apply for all of these at the same time. I just want to know if applying for maybe 4 or 5 in one day is safe or is that too many? Thank you in advance for your time. 

I must say, I had higher hopes for ya.

Most of those cards are pretty average.

Also, I don't believe there is a Walmart Visa. It's an MC that i know of.

Message 2 of 9
DrDG
Established Member

You're right! I meant Walmart MC. But do you really think I should be trying for different cards? Which would YOU suggest! AmEx?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrDG wrote:
You're right! I meant Walmart MC. But do you really think I should be trying for different cards? Which would YOU suggest! AmEx?

Since we're talking goals. Sure!

Message 4 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays has the best chance for reconsideration. Cap1 99% sticks with what the computer spits out and Discover is iffy. Chase Ink has a $5k minimum limit and if you don't have aby 5k limit cards yet its going to be very difficult to convince one of their Business credit analysts to approve it.
Message 5 of 9
DrDG
Established Member

Excellent info! Thanks so much!!!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I successfully reconned a low Sallie Mae starting limit. It was easy to do.
Message 7 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

IMO: app for these cards that you want:
Discover
Capital One
Barclaycard
Ink Plus

And ditch the store cards. This is just my opinion
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to Luscher- 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.