Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this sound

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

How does this sound

Just looking for some advice. Cards I have are in my signature. I no longer want the SPG Amex. I was going to close it but it has a 15.9k credit line. I found out that I can PC it to Blue from American Express which is a MR express card. I was then going to cancel the Amex PRG and the points would be safe because of the Blue card. Then after a year I will reapply for a PRG or Platinum and I can get the bonus again and then cancel the blue ?

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: How does this sound

@darkfrosty wrote:

Just looking for some advice. Cards I have are in my signature. I no longer want the SPG Amex. I was going to close it but it has a 15.9k credit line. I found out that I can PC it to Blue from American Express which is a MR express card. I was then going to cancel the Amex PRG and the points would be safe because of the Blue card. Then after a year I will reapply for a PRG or Platinum and I can get the bonus again and then cancel the blue ?

The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 5
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

"If you are identified as a current American Express® Card Member, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months."

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 5
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

yes I know 12 months. I don't plan on reapplying for a PRG or platinum for a year
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 5
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@darkfrosty wrote:

Sounds like you have your ducks in a row.   Great plan!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.