Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this work?

tag
northface28
Established Contributor

How does this work?

If you were to transfer a balance of $2k (0% offer) to a card with a $5k balance, how would the payments be determined?
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How does this work?

It should say in that contract.  Mine states that anything over the minimum payment goes to the existing balance and after it is paid, the others will go toward your BT.  Should be true for all?  I've done 4 right now.  Very quick & no problems. 

Message 2 of 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Depends on the card, terms of current balance, apr, etc. More info needed.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 5
northface28
Established Contributor

Ok. It would be from a discover card a ($2000 balance) to a capital one card with a $5k balance at 16% APR. The BT would be 0% for 12 months. Colleague asked me and I'm stumped.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 4 of 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

The original balance carries the regular apr. There is obviously no grace period here. The 2k would be line itemed separately on the bill at 0% until the end date of offer.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.