Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far out of reach is Discover IT Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How far out of reach is Discover IT Card

@coldnmn wrote:

Barclay Rewards for average credit would be a good choice in my opinion. 

+1 you should be able to get this if your TU score is like your EQ score.

Message 11 of 27
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Op said his tu is 627 on credit karma.  Who knows. Could b higher or lower fico. 

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@meljeff1 wrote:

Hi: 

My goal card at this point is the Discover IT card. My scores aren't great so I don't plan on apping before the first of the new year. I want to get some opinions from some experts on the forum. BK discharged in 2011. I have a 900 cap one qs 1,500 cap one rewards card, 400 Kay's card(never used), and a fingerhut account( don't plan on using ever again)

my EQ score on here is 648, with no collections just BK, TU score 627 per CK with six inquiries, one collection and the BK, not sure on experian. All I know on experian  is I have no inquiries lol

I check the prescreen everyday with no luck.  Just wanted some opinions on what more I can do to put myself in a position for an approval!!!!

Thanks!

Score is in reach for Discover, potentially with alternate/less favorable terms.

I got approved for Discover It with a 637 EQ FICO.

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BK 13 was filed in June 2007, discharged in March 2012 and due to come off credit reports June 2014.  The first credit card I apped and received was the Barclays RC.  I apped for the Discover mid-2013, and was denied -- reason was BK.  After the BK came off my reports, I went on a mini app spree and received all cards I apped for.  I didn't try Discover at the time because of my turndown in 2013.  But after my mini app spree, I got a pre approval offer from Discover in the mail.  I went for it, was approved, and they gave me a $10,500 limit.  I think you'll have a hard time with the BK reporting.   

Message 14 of 27
meljeff1
Contributor

Well I think I will just apply for the Barclays reward card at the first of the year. After I check my scores!! Thank you guys so much.
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My finding are Discover does not like BK's. Mine dropped off July 2011 and received a pre-approval from Discover. App'd for it and got a $2K CL with 10.99%.Since then three CLI's. App'd before the BK twice and was denied every time due to BK.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My finding are Discover does not like BK's. Mine dropped off July 2011 and received a pre-approval from Discover. App'd for it and got a $2K CL with 10.99%.Since then three CLI's. App'd before the BK twice and was denied every time due to BK.

Nice interest rate!

My mother has Discover and probably has the lowest rate they offer. 7.24%

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Op said his tu is 627 on credit karma.  Who knows. Could b higher or lower fico. 

Oops, I missed that. I saw that now in the opening post. Yeah I'd check my TU fico before apping. Last week I paid down some balances I had and my TU fico went up 14 points total and my credit karma went up like 34 points, blowing right by my fico score. For the last month before that my they were fairly close but now the CK score is about 20 points higher. Like you said, could go either way.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oops, I missed that. I saw that now in the opening post. Yeah I'd check my TU fico before apping. Last week I paid down some balances I had and my TU fico went up 14 points total and my credit karma went up like 34 points, blowing right by my fico score. For the last month before that my they were fairly close but now the CK score is about 20 points higher. Like you said, could go either way.

They tend to pull EQ in my experience.

I know it's confusing considering they provide a TU FICO.

Message 19 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They tend to pull EQ in my experience.

I know it's confusing considering they provide a TU FICO.

I believe they use TU for their CLI , so it kind of makes sense there. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.