cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is Amazon Store Card (SyncB) to get?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How hard is Amazon Store Card (SyncB) to get?

That 5% cash back would be great to have when I buy office supplies and a laptop when I finally decide to get one.

I just got approved for Walmart 800cl and Sunglass hut 800, Walmart on purpose, pressured by salesman for the Sunglass hut but I did save 30%.

I can only assume I should wait but it seems like sync is very open to giving lots of different trade lines.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: How hard is Amazon Store Card (SyncB) to get?

Amazon isn't hard to get. I was approved in 2013 with a 9 year old bankruptcy for 750. I closed that card in 2014. In 2015 I opened it again with a TU in low 700s and was approved for 1700 and got it to 8000 via chat when I got the card.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got Walmart and Amazon on the same day after consistently being declined for both. If you got Walmart recently, I'd say your odds are good.

Message 3 of 10
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

I had an Amazon account that I obtained back in 2012. In 2013 I had some financial difficulties and ended up going 90 days late and entered into a debt management program. I paid it off in September 2015 and in October 2015 I was approved for a new account with a SL of $800, scores very low 600's. My income increased substantially and I have a thick credit profile so that may have played a role. As with everything, YMMV, but I'd say you have a very good shot. I love my Amazon account and so happy to have been given another chance! 

@Anonymous wrote:

That 5% cash back would be great to have when I buy office supplies and a laptop when I finally decide to get one.

I just got approved for Walmart 800cl and Sunglass hut 800, Walmart on purpose, pressured by salesman for the Sunglass hut but I did save 30%.

I can only assume I should wait but it seems like sync is very open to giving lots of different trade lines.

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not hard at all. I was instantly approved for $600, and 3 statements later, was able to get a CLI to the $2000 that I have today. My score was around 630 then but I've since built it up to 707/716/735. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the Shopping cart trick work with Amazon? or a type of shopping cart trick? I never got a inq for the sunglass hut card so that was good.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not. The only cards that I'm aware of where that works is with Comenity. The good thing is that once you're approved, a CLI is always a soft pull.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah I got those two confused. I remember thinking paypal was syncb and they wont approve me yet even though I have a business account with them that has pretty good cash flow. Thanks for the feedback, 

Well I'm going to hold out for 3months, my scores have dipped 10 points and My AAoA is a disaster right now.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its nice, its easy to get....and really the 5% for amazon only makes sense if u spend over $300 a month....You would benefit more from the Chase AARP $200 sign on bonus lol.

But yes....its great because you can get 0 for 6+months any time, and its synchrony bank which I feel is superior to comenity.  My card was opened April 2015 at $850 limit, and by july it was at its current limit via chat.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah...SYNC has PayPal/EBay MasterCard which I also have but I didn't apply until I was over 700. Good luck with the rebuild!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.