cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get American Eagle Card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How hard is it to get American Eagle Card?

How difficult is it to get American Eagle Card? My 15 year old wants me to apply for that card. Do they offer both Store card and Visa Card? I know they are issued by GE so they can be stingy. How hard is it to get this card?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How hard is it to get American Eagle Card?

About as easy as Macy's. This was one of my first. Only $100 CL, but again it was second after Macy's. I bought a ton there, so I never had enough credit for my purchase.

HTH
Message 2 of 10
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I don't know how easy they are. I think they only have the storecard (don't quote me though). And I don't think that they are one of the easier GEMB cards.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was surprised to get approved for this one yesterday.  I have WAY too many INQs on all three reports, and scores are not that great.

I'm not sure which CR they pulled...

*EDIT: They pulled TU.

Message Edited by soccermomof4 on 08-06-2008 06:57 PM
Message 4 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

concorduser wrote:
How difficult is it to get American Eagle Card? My 15 year old wants me to apply for that card.

How many will that make?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it seems to be an easy one, since they offer cl starting at 100 just like macy's and they do have the option to upgrade to visa later.
Message 6 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I am not sure it is worth adding a new account if they are offering $100 CL. I am not sure what kind of store promotions they might have for Card Holders.

I like Macy's in that aspect. They give additional 10-25% on the sale price for Macy's Card Holders.
Message 7 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Hi concorduser, I just went to American Eagle for my teenage boys, I apped at counter for the AE Visa (girl told me you get a higher cl with the visa). I know that gemb pulls eq for me and I only have 1 inq on there...was instantly approved for $2,500. I think is was worth it because for every dollar you spend they give you points/credits...50 credits/10%off, 100 credits/20% off, 150 credits/30%, 200 credits/40%...My boys love this store so I think it's worth it if you shop there alot.Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well we did an app for hubby a few nights ago, he was approved online with macys for $100..so we figured we would try for ae, since you all compared it to macys...but it said decision in 7 to 10 days, and gave a reference number..does a refernced number mean declined?
Message 9 of 10
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
well we did an app for hubby a few nights ago, he was approved online with macys for $100..so we figured we would try for ae, since you all compared it to macys...but it said decision in 7 to 10 days, and gave a reference number..does a refernced number mean declined?

No, it doesnt mean a decline. When I was standing waiting for my app decision(with my fingers crossed and my 9yr old ds fingers crossed) I asked the girl if they always give instant decisions and she said no, sometimes you get a "mabey"...It basically means that they have to do a manual review of credit profiles and it takes a few days for some decisions....keep your fingers crossed! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.