cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get Chase Freedom approval?

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get Chase Freedom approval?

@cracksmeup wrote:

I'm considering applying but want to have an idea of what they are looking for in terms of scores.  My EQ is 688.  My lowest score, can't remember if its TU or EX is in the 670's.  My oldest cc account is 1 year 2 months.  What are my chances of being approved for this card?  Is there a better option for me, given my scores.  I already have a Discover More and Capital One Platinum.  My current utilization is around 29%.  Thanks!  

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 11 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

Get your UTIL below 10%. Just an easy way to help your case

I agree on that .....  to even better help your case , get Util down to 1 %

+1. My low ult is a major reason why I was approved.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 12 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Chase can be odd.

I have new credit and they gave me an ok limit.

Similiar length of history as you, my utilization might have been a little lower but I had a lot of INQs. They gave me a $5k limit.

At the time of app I already had a card with a decent limit and they just matched that limit.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@cracksmeup wrote:

I'm considering applying but want to have an idea of what they are looking for in terms of scores.  My EQ is 688.  My lowest score, can't remember if its TU or EX is in the 670's.  My oldest cc account is 1 year 2 months.  What are my chances of being approved for this card?  Is there a better option for me, given my scores.  I already have a Discover More and Capital One Platinum.  My current utilization is around 29%.  Thanks!  

I think you will be okay. Even if you are denied, you can get approved recon (Chase has awesome recon dept.)

When I app for Chase freedom, I was denied. At the time I have about 40-50% util.

I recon them, they asked bunch of question regarding my util and inq.

I told them the truth, and got approved for 2k CL

When I got my card, I recon the CL, and spoke to a nice lady. I told her that after I do BT, I would not have enough CL left to use it as my main card and to get the promo cash back. She asked how much I want and go over my plan and I was approved for around 4k (using same credit report that they pulled, no addition HP)

Again, YMMV. I have no late, no baddie, 3 years of AAOA.

After this, I went and open Chase checking acct and got 200 in 10 days. A month later got another 100 from chase freedom, that's 300 total.

I love Chase, I will get CSP soon, after BCE.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.