01-10-2013 07:46 AM
I'm in the rebuilding process and waiting for negative accounts to age off . Current scores are 674,676,667.
I've had a couple Chase accounts that were charged off 6-7 years ago.
Will I be able to get a Chase credit card in the future, such as the United Mileage Plus card, or since I didn't pay those and they were charged off, I'm "black-listed" forever?
01-10-2013 07:56 AM
In my case in college I had a card that was charged off and went into collections. I paid it off 5 years ago. Since then I've really been working on my scores. . A couple of months ago I applied for the freedom card and was initially denied, did a recon and explained myself and was approved for $3500. Although it wasn't on my report, they did have internal knowledge of the charged off account. YMMV
01-10-2013 07:59 AM
01-10-2013 08:03 AM
I'm going to wait a little bit, in the process of buying a house now, so it'll be 6-12 months before I apply for the card at which point my scores should all be 700+ but my main concern is having derogatory accounts wtih Chase in the past. I actually had two Chase accounts that got charged off/sold off (one was an Amazon.com Chase card, another a Washington Mutual which then got bought out by Chase).
01-10-2013 08:09 AM
As was mentioned before, you're likely going to be auto-declined initially and you'll need to recon. If you have a solid case as to why they should trust you again or your situation has changed since the COs, they may recommend you for approval.
01-10-2013 08:48 AM - edited 01-10-2013 08:52 AM
I also have a Chase CO, and it has always held me back from instant approvals. The reason given in the written decision would always include " Past Derogatory Relationship With Lender"
When I've called for recon however, they have actually given me other reasons as to why they can't approve me as if they really would even with the CO.
For example "I see you have excellent payment history since that one bad account with us....but I just can't push you through today until your other accounts reach a year."
So I would just wait until your reports are in the best possible shape before you pull the trigger.