cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard is it to get the U.S. Bank Cash+?

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get the U.S. Bank Cash+?

I have found US Bank very easy to get approved for.  About 18 months ago, I opened a US Bank Checking/Savings account online. The sign up bonus for the deposit accounts were  worth about $225..   During the process, they offered a couple of pre-approvals.  I accepted the Cash+ with a 11k starting limit.  I don't pay attention to the interest rates (PIF), but I think it wasn't their best or worst rate.  Maybe 15%? 

After about 6 months I started receiving pre-approved offers for other cards in my mailbox.  After about a year, I applied for the FlexPerks+ Visa during the Olympics promo.  SL 23k.   Like the Cash+ it was instantly approved.  They also offered an SP $4500 CLI on the Cash+. 

I don't know what my TU-04 bank card enhanced score is (I believe that is the score US Bank uses).  As my EQ-04 score has been floating in the mid 700's, I expect my TU-04 BE score to be ok, but not great.   My TU-08 score has been stuck at 835 for a while now. 

Edit: I don't live in US Bank's service area.  All of my interactions have been online.  Apart from having to call to upgrade my checking to gold.  Once I got approved for a CC, the gold accounts don't have any fees.

Message 11 of 12
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Re: How hard is it to get the U.S. Bank Cash+?

There's quite a few branches where I live, but I've mostly dealt with them online and a couple of times over the phone. Hopefully I won't be stuck at my credit line. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.