Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high is your DCU limit?

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: How high is your DCU limit?

Also i dont know other banks but bofa bill pay is not for the same day. I authorize the payment on the 6th but the earliest the payment could be made was the 11th. Keep that in mind so your payment is not late
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 31 of 70
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@MustangSaluki wrote:

I was at $10K for a while before the CLI bug hit me over the 2-3 months. I was given the full $20k I requested during a 5 minute call. No pay stubs etc but that is because they are my primary bank with direct deposits set up over the last few years. Score was 802 at the time of call. 

Wife had to provide pay stubs when she called a few months ago. 

DFCU seem very generous with credit limits. $20K is an outstanding tool for spending habits and ult concerns.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 32 of 70
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
Also i dont know other banks but bofa bill pay is not for the same day. I authorize the payment on the 6th but the earliest the payment could be made was the 11th. Keep that in mind so your payment is not late

Its 2 business days. If you arrange it on a Thursday it will arirve Mon

Message 33 of 70
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

WoW, DFCU really does give nice credit limits. I talk to a person today that has a $40K limit. I'd be thrilled with just half of that.

Goal 750 Across

Message 34 of 70
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

WoW, DFCU really does give nice credit limits. I talk to a person today that has a $40K limit. I'd be thrilled with just half of that.

Who is DFCU?

But if you mean DCU then I was approved for $7500 2 months ago...and thats with a bk.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 35 of 70
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

Who is DFCU?

But if you mean DCU then I was approved for $7500 2 months ago...and thats with a bk.

Yes DCU. $7500 is a very good starting limit and especially with a BK. Did they ask you how much you wanted or did they determine your limit? If I may ask, what documents did they request?

Goal 750 Across

Message 36 of 70
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

No they didn't ask me how much I wanted.  But I will tell you when I saw that instant approval for $7500 I was in shock Smiley Surprised

I literally sat there and just stared at the screen because I wasn't sure I was believing what my eyes were seeing.  

As for docs....they didn't ask me for one thing at all.  Even when I applied for and was approved for an auto loan they didn't ask me for any docs.  I didn't take the loan with them but to be honest, I didn't even think about the fact that they didn't ask for any docs.  It seems kind of hit or miss on that.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 37 of 70
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

No they didn't ask me how much I wanted.  But I will tell you when I saw that instant approval for $7500 I was in shock Smiley Surprised

I literally sat there and just stared at the screen because I wasn't sure I was believing what my eyes were seeing.  

As for docs....they didn't ask me for one thing at all.  Even when I applied for and was approved for an auto loan they didn't ask me for any docs.  I didn't take the loan with them but to be honest, I didn't even think about the fact that they didn't ask for any docs.  It seems kind of hit or miss on that.

Nice deal. They did ask me how much I wanted and to be honest the response I gave them was based on caution.I said $3K when I should have ask for a number similar to yours.My scores were high enough I think.  Live and learn. I'll wait till the three month mark then request an increase up to $10K and see what they say. I guess a indicator of what I could have gotten was the auto loan they offered me. I didn't take it because my new auto lease is pretty good.

Goal 750 Across

Message 38 of 70
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

If my credit scores,income are up to snuff ,would it be too much to ask for a bump up to a $9-10K credit limit by my third month? Currently at $3K and they did ask me how much I wanted. I was too cautious think I short changed myself. They offered me an auto loan as well. Any opinions? Should I go for the higher credit limit after three months or wait till 6 months? Is it a hard pull and do DCU do automatic increases after 6 months?  Thanks

Goal 750 Across

Message 39 of 70
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Does DCU offer the option to apply for CLI online?

Goal 750 Across

Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.