Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is AMEX with PCs?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

How is AMEX with PCs?

If I'm unable to upgrade the blue Delta for the Gold right away, could I PC it to a different card altogether, like the Hilton or the Blue cards? Or do I have to wait? Is anyone familiar with their PC rules? I really don't want that AF for a virtually useless card
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is AMEX with PCs?

I asked Amex a month ago about PC my ED to BC, they said it is ok, but only after 13th bill cut.

Message 2 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked Amex a month ago about PC my ED to BC, they said it is ok, but only after 13th bill cut.

This is interesting.

Whenever I ask a CSR about a PC of my BCE to ED, they say they couldn't do it because the rewards were different - CB vs MR... all a good pile of hogwash then !

Anyway OP you can't do any PC or line transfer mumbo jumbo with AMEX before their 13 month cutoff.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is interesting.

Whenever I ask a CSR about a PC of my BCE to ED, they say they couldn't do it because the rewards were different - CB vs MR... all a good pile of hogwash then !

Anyway OP you can't do any PC or line transfer mumbo jumbo with AMEX before their 13 month cutoff.

Correct.  Plus, I haven't seen anything as far as PCs from any Delta revolvers (co-brand) to non-cobranded cards such as ED, BC/BCE/BCP... YEMV OP.

Message 4 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
If I'm unable to upgrade the blue Delta for the Gold right away, could I PC it to a different card altogether, like the Hilton or the Blue cards? Or do I have to wait? Is anyone familiar with their PC rules? I really don't want that AF for a virtually useless card

You might as well close it, if it is not of any use to you.

However, you should pose that as a question to the forum. I for one am completely against keeping any unused card when an AF is attached to it. If you could get the AF waived somehow then it's a different situation.

Message 5 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is interesting.

Correct.  Plus, I haven't seen anything as far as PCs from any Delta revolvers (co-brand) to non-cobranded cards such as ED, BC/BCE/BCP... YEMV OP.

That seems to be the case with AMEX and many other lenders including Chase, US Bank etc.

However in another thread a member said that their AMEX Delta card could be PCed into no-AF AMEX Hilton HHonors card. 

Message 6 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yeah I would hate to close it after finally getting in with Amex but I may need to
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 7 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Yeah I would hate to close it after finally getting in with Amex but I may need to

No lender is "the one" lender. So what if you don't have an AMEX?

I don't have a BoA card. Or NFCU. Or Comenity. Or Diners. Or many others.

They don't meet my needs any better than my current line of cards. 

Is this AMEX meeting your needs? If not, simply move on. With time, they'll come back with better offers.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.