Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Amex approval now a days?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How is Amex approval now a days?

How long is it taking for the Amex approval now a days? Is any one get instant approval ? or do you have to apply and wait for few days for approval decisions?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
billsfan14
New Contributor

Re: How is Amex approval now a days?

I got an instant approval for a Preferred Rewards Gold last Thursday, should be here tomorrow!

Good luck. 

Message 2 of 6
sycotik
Valued Member

I just got an instant approval for a Hilton Honors AMEX about a week ago.  Credit line was for 2k and my FICO Score at the time was 722.  At the same time I apped for a BOA AMEX and got that approved for a 2.5K limit.  I know the BOA is a little different though from the regular AMEX card. 
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

concorduser wrote:
How long is it taking for the Amex approval now a days? Is any one get instant approval ? or do you have to apply and wait for few days for approval decisions?

I shouldn't ask why you want to know this, should I?

I was approved for a Blue over the phone. Semi-instant; I had time to dust a bookshelf while listening to the CSR go on and on about something or another. Already had the Gold; that might have made a difference.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote: 

I am curious to find out how the process works. When I applied for Plum, I got the message "in progress" and it took about 7-10 days for the processing. Now for my Amex Biz Credit card app, I got the same message "in progress". I am wondering if my app is going through a different process instead of instant approval/decline.

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

concorduser wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote: 

I am curious to find out how the process works. When I applied for Plum, I got the message "in progress" and it took about 7-10 days for the processing. Now for my Amex Biz Credit card app, I got the same message "in progress". I am wondering if my app is going through a different process instead of instant approval/decline.

Ahh! Sublimating the app'ing urge through biz credit... Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.