Reply
Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

How is Amex approval now a days?

How long is it taking for the Amex approval now a days? Is any one get instant approval ? or do you have to apply and wait for few days for approval decisions?
New Contributor
billsfan14
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎02-13-2009
0

Re: How is Amex approval now a days?

I got an instant approval for a Preferred Rewards Gold last Thursday, should be here tomorrow!

 

Good luck. 

_________________


2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Valued Member
sycotik
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎12-24-2008
0

Re: How is Amex approval now a days?

I just got an instant approval for a Hilton Honors AMEX about a week ago.  Credit line was for 2k and my FICO Score at the time was 722.  At the same time I apped for a BOA AMEX and got that approved for a 2.5K limit.  I know the BOA is a little different though from the regular AMEX card. 
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: How is Amex approval now a days?


concorduser wrote:
How long is it taking for the Amex approval now a days? Is any one get instant approval ? or do you have to apply and wait for few days for approval decisions?

I shouldn't ask why you want to know this, should I?

I was approved for a Blue over the phone. Semi-instant; I had time to dust a bookshelf while listening to the CSR go on and on about something or another. Already had the Gold; that might have made a difference.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: How is Amex approval now a days?


haulingthescoreup wrote: 

 I shouldn't ask why you want to know this, should I?

I am curious to find out how the process works. When I applied for Plum, I got the message "in progress" and it took about 7-10 days for the processing. Now for my Amex Biz Credit card app, I got the same message "in progress". I am wondering if my app is going through a different process instead of instant approval/decline.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: How is Amex approval now a days?


concorduser wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote: 

 I shouldn't ask why you want to know this, should I?

I am curious to find out how the process works. When I applied for Plum, I got the message "in progress" and it took about 7-10 days for the processing. Now for my Amex Biz Credit card app, I got the same message "in progress". I am wondering if my app is going through a different process instead of instant approval/decline.



Ahh! Sublimating the app'ing urge through biz credit... :smileytongue:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}