Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is BOA with CLI????

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

How is BOA with CLI????

I have my AK Airlines card that I am actively using for EVERYTHING! Every auto pay bill hits it, every food item, drop of gas etc goes through this card. I am averaging about 3000.00 a month in spend. I PIF by statement closing date too. I have a 12000 SL with them and have had the card for 6 months now. Do they do auto CLI or do you think although I am burning out the strip I don't spend enough to warrant a CLI? I never carry a balance as I am quite disinterested in their 14.9% interest rate.

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How is BOA with CLI????

I don't have experience with the AK card, but on my two BofA cards in the online account. You'll see a link "increase credit limit". It only appears when you're eligible for an increase. BofA is great about bumping limits. It will be a HP on TU.
Message 2 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

They can do small auto CLI but if you are willing to take the HP, in my experience the increases have been HUGE! You didn't mention your scores, but if your TU is at least 720 or so I would not be too surprised to see $20k+.
Message 3 of 17
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

I recently got a  $1500 increase with them, so I'd say it's pretty good.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 4 of 17
dumaine
Regular Contributor

I logged into my account one day and got asked to update info. Received an auto cli for 3K.  It was right around my 3yr mark wih them....nothing before that.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i got a question about the increase button. I just got an increase and button is still there after they approved my request of doubling my line...so should i hit the button again?
Message 6 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Marinersguy you could try, some have success with a quick double action where you hit the luv button get approved , then hit it again and get some more. Acouple good examples can be found if you search enough on Boa cliSmiley Happy

OP, if your putting 3k a month on your card and paying it back before months end im willing to bet Boas gonna luv you and if you hit the button and request like 20 or 25k, you just may get it. Seems you have the kind of profile to support a huge limit and in my short time with Boa, if you are indeed eligble for the increase, they do happen to give nice increases with regards to your profileSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
907grown
Established Contributor

Lol!! Thank you for encouraging me to do this!! I got bold!! I asked for 24,000, double my current. The computer thought about it for a few seconds and gave me a new line of 21,600.00!!! Not sure about the 600. Haha!! Now this is by biggest limit!! My freedom is at 17,000. Itd been paid off for some time. I don't really want that card but the CL is so valuable!!
Now I have another reason to love Alaska Airlines card even more!!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 8 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@907grown wrote:
Lol!! Thank you for encouraging me to do this!! I got bold!! I asked for 24,000, double my current. The computer thought about it for a few seconds and gave me a new line of 21,600.00!!! Not sure about the 600. Haha!! Now this is by biggest limit!! My freedom is at 17,000. Itd been paid off for some time. I don't really want that card but the CL is so valuable!!
Now I have another reason to love Alaska Airlines card even more!!!

Congrats!  That is almost exactly my BankAmericard story.  Starting line was also $12,000.  Hit the button when it showed up about 3 months after opening the account, asked for $25,000 and it immediately gave me your same $21,600.  I hate the odd $600 at the end, but it works out to be an exactly 80% credit line increase.  I'll ask for $50k on it and $40k on my Travel Rewards next year before I move the limit from the BankAmericard to my substantially older Travel Rewards card - with counter-offers, I'm hoping for something in the $60k+ range total.  I'm glad it worked out for you.  Some people are very hesitant to take the HP, but BOA can be well worth it.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM!! Congrats!!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.