Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is BOA with recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is BOA with recon?

I was just out of boredom and unfreezed EX and apped for BOA cash reward card. I didn't realize it's signature card and I think its lowest CL is $5000. I got denied for not having sufficient number of credit references. Does this translate to "You never have prime TLs( $5000 or more)"? Can I be recon for same reward type with lower CL than $5000? I don't really need $5000 CL for measly $1500 spending cap for reward each quarter.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: How is BOA with recon?

BoA is an odd bird.  They don't like me either.  No clue why...never banked with them or had any contact with them  Apped on 2 different occasions...denied both times.  Right after the second BoA denial, I apped with Navy Fed for an nRewards visa.  Approved $25k.

From now on, I will never ever app again after 2 strikes.  No matter who they are.

If I were you, I'd offer up a little more info here as to what is on your reports & we might be able to help you with cards you'd likely be approved for.  There's a ton of us here & there is power (as in knowledge) in numbers!  Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
anybodii
New Contributor

As everyone always says it never hurts to make the recon phone call, once the hard pull hits, why not?

Message 3 of 9
lenz99
New Contributor

The application is for both regular and signature card. If you're eligible for a CL < 5000, you'll get a regular card. So a denial letter means BoA don't want to issue you this card regardless CL.

Anyway, I've read many success stories about BoA recon and its worth trying since you have nothing to lose.

Message 4 of 9
anybodii
New Contributor

That's good to know even though I'm not the one asking the question, thanks! And if it counts I'm a successful BOA recon, I never actually knew I was denied before I called, but it was under review and I just called and expedited it... the rep was really nice and understanding as well, had nothing but good service from them and I haven't charged a dollar to their card LOL

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to see someone complain about get approved for new BOA card but got CLD on other cards to get new card open.

If I recon and get approved, will it affect request for CLI for my FIA (aka BOA) fidelity amex? My highest TL is at $3000 now and fidelity amex limit is $1000.

Message 6 of 9
brian2220
Regular Contributor

i apped for a bofa secured card  around may and was denied and called recon and was given a lousy anwser of i dont make enough to there standards.

but im able to get all of these other cardsSmiley Tongue

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brian2220 wrote:

i apped for a bofa secured card  around may and was denied and called recon and was given a lousy anwser of i dont make enough to there standards.

I went to BOA branch today and one of staffs there asked me if I'm interested in applying new card which is the one that I was denied for. After mentioning to her about denial, She checked my information and just recommended me to go for secured card. Thank you but no, I don't think I needed that at this point.

Message 8 of 9
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@brian2220 wrote:

I went to BOA branch today and one of staffs there asked me if I'm interested in applying new card which is the one that I was denied for. After mentioning to her about denial, She checked my information and just recommended me to go for secured card. Thank you but no, I don't think I needed that at this point.

I have 3 CC's with BOA, Checking & a Morgage with them. seems a bit odd they would deny you. What was your FICO and Utilization when you applied for the card?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.