Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Barclay on PC?

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

How is Barclay on PC?

I'm thinking of asking for a PC on my Barclay Arrival+ and making it a Sallie Mae Mastercard. I think the rewards on the SM would do better for me than the Arrival. Thoughts? Also, is the SM available in the WEMC? Thanks.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Re: How is Barclay on PC?

I'm curious as well since I want to PC my Arrival + to a Non AF card.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 2 of 5
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae comes as a World MC but never heard of a WEMC (anyone?). I've also never heard of anyone being able to PC to Sallie from anything. You can probably PC to no-AF Arrival and maybe even Rewards. Barclays is stubborn with Sallie Mae. Although you can move the limit from your current card to SM once you get approved and just close the old one out. That's what I did with the Rewards MC. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 3 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

Sallie Mae comes as a World MC but never heard of a WEMC (anyone?). I've also never heard of anyone being able to PC to Sallie from anything. You can probably PC to no-AF Arrival and maybe even Rewards. Barclays is stubborn with Sallie Mae. Although you can move the limit from your current card to SM once you get approved and just close the old one out. That's what I did with the Rewards MC. 

Yep...  I was told by multiple reps last year that I must apply for a SM card... there was no PC to it. 

I did eventually apply in Dec 2014... instantly approved for $4500 with a 666 TU and 16 months of Barclays history with the Apple.  I moved the $2200 Apple limit to SM and then closed the Apple.

I've heard of PC to lesser cards... but not SM.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of Barclay's PC, how would they be with an Aviator/USAirways PC into the Arrival card?  Anyone tried that?  Absolutely despise my USAirways card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.