cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Barclays with reconning initial CL?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

How is Barclays with reconning initial CL?

Say if you were approved for Sallie Mae, but it was a super low starting limit (like seriously super low). How good are they about reconning to get a higher limit? At least enough to make the card worth having. If they don't recon the initial limit how are they with future CLI's?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Re: How is Barclays with reconning initial CL?

I don't know how good Barclay is at reconing CL however most have seen CLI after the 6th statement. Barclay likes to see usage, BTs and balances carried. I would say try to recon the CL since you took the HP. Good luck!

Message 2 of 12
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

my initial CL was 4k, once I got card I called and got it bumped to 10k, but it required another HP

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 3 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Only a $250 limit due to new accounts. No go on the increase. Decided to eat the TU inq and not accept the card. Didn't really need/want the card anyway just thought it'd be a nice addition. I just took it as a sign that I shouldn't have app'd for it, and my penance is the wasted HP.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 12
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Couldn't get them to cli me either.. I read people having luck requesting one online after they setup their account and that it sometimes uses the same HP. Nope. Requested one online and three days later they pulled TU again. I was supposed to be notified within 48hrs of the decision but that was 5 days ago and I haven't heard anything. I sent a SM that said I'd hear back in 6 hours, but that was yesterday and still nothing. It's clear I didn't get it, but they could at least follow up!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 5 of 12
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:
Couldn't get them to cli me either.. I read people having luck requesting one online after they setup their account and that it sometimes uses the same HP. Nope. Requested one online and three days later they pulled TU again. I was supposed to be notified within 48hrs of the decision but that was 5 days ago and I haven't heard anything. I sent a SM that said I'd hear back in 6 hours, but that was yesterday and still nothing. It's clear I didn't get it, but they could at least follow up!

sounds like a middschool/ highschool break up! straight up avoiding you

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 6 of 12
Shock
Established Contributor

I started at 7500 and they wouldnt bump me up to 10k. Wanted to see how I handled my new accounts first..
 photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 7 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

My newest accounts they see are ~4mos old. They told me the same thing. Wanted to see how I handled my new accounts. They didn't care about my older accounts that have large limits.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@hizzaah wrote:

I called the backdoor on my CLI request. I HP CLI'd my Arrival to 10k from 5k and called asked the underwriter to use same HP to increase Sallie Mae from 7k to 10k, as well. It was approved. -- With no further HP needed.

Message 9 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:
My newest accounts they see are ~4mos old. They told me the same thing. Wanted to see how I handled my new accounts. They didn't care about my older accounts that have large limits.

Well, that blows. I'm sorry! Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.