Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is CAP1 one with GW?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: How is CAP1 one with GW?

@grneydangl wrote:
Got my second "we're reporting to the bureaus correctly blah blah blah" letter today Smiley Sad

I got something similar to that each time.
Here we go again...
Message 21 of 27
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@grneydangl wrote:
Got my second "we're reporting to the bureaus correctly blah blah blah" letter today Smiley Sad

I got something similar to that each time.

Did you decide to give up or did you ever get anything different?

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I signed up for Score Watch today and noticed that all but one 30 day late was removed from my Capital One Auto Loan.  So I guess that the GW fax worked!  And it was pretty fast too!  This gives me hope for more GW's!

Tiffany 
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to badly get two Capital One CC accounts removed from my credit reports.

One went to a collection agency. I paid it off, and the status is now collection paid/charge off on my True Credit report.

And the other one was closed, once I completely paid the entire thing off. I was salty. This is one still labled as current though. I don't know if they reported that it has been closed yet.

Plus, both of them have about 8 late payment marks on both of them from the past year. I know all of those late payment marks are hurting my score. I think my score would jump significantly if I was ever to get them removed.
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@orl2185 wrote:
They won't give another card for my life thoughSmiley Wink They got a very good memory. My baddies are still on their internal records.Smiley Sad

. I had a $300 C.O
in 2004. I got a $500 CL in 2006 and a $2.5k nov 2007 that auto increased to 3k in Mar.
Message 25 of 27
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

6 GW letters to Cap1 (3 different addresses).

Just received my 6th identical response today:

Thanks for contacting us about your credit bureau report. We send information on the status of your account to the credit reporting agencies once a month. The agencies keep accounts on your credit report for approximately 7 years from the first date of delinquency.

If you have additional questions about your credit report, you can contact the following credit reporting agencies directly:

Sincerely, DB
Capital One Services, Inc.

So basically no one at Cap1 reads a GW letter... they are probably so used to seeing them by now (mostly members from this board I'd wager), that they just skim them, trash them, and fire off a form letter.

I think I'm going to save the $25 bucks I'd spend in postage over the next 5 years and buy myself a couple cocktails instead.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 27
msheresy
Regular Contributor

Tiffany1971 wrote:
So I signed up for Score Watch today and noticed that all but one 30 day late was removed from my Capital One Auto Loan.  So I guess that the GW fax worked!  And it was pretty fast too!  This gives me hope for more GW's!

Tiffany 

What is the fax number that you used?  Cover letter?  Info?
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.