Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is CITI and their CLI's?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

How is CITI and their CLI's?

Ive had the DC for a few months now and its my primary card. Always PIF and Ive been pushing a lot of money through it. They wont seem to budge on my CLI when I am spending this much, as well as having other larger limit cards that i could use instead. Even my Fidelilty Amex that I dont use anymore gave me a CLI lol. Anyways, any thoughts to how I could get an auto increase? or just patience 

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: How is CITI and their CLI's?

@xgac12x wrote:

Ive had the DC for a few months now and its my primary card. Always PIF and Ive been pushing a lot of money through it. They wont seem to budge on my CLI when I am spending this much, as well as having other larger limit cards that i could use instead. Even my Fidelilty Amex that I dont use anymore gave me a CLI lol. Anyways, any thoughts to how I could get an auto increase? or just patience 

I don't hear of Citi doing very many auto-CLIs; however, they are very good with SP CLIs. I have 6 Citi cards, and each one gets a 1200-1500 CLI every six months. I've kinda stopped requesting though because I want a decent limit for the Premier card I plan on applying for in a few months. People have been having a lot of success with Discover, but Citi has been far more generous for me. 

Message 2 of 22
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Like I said, my Double cash has been my primary card of use. And I have been putting a lot of money through it and paying it off completely. My discover was my first non store card that started at $500, and now its at $3,500 so I am content with that. I wish my DC was around there, or a bit more. Specially since I stopped using my Fidelity which is at $5,500.

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 3 of 22
red259
Super Contributor

Interesting datapoints here. I have the cities Hilton and aa plat card (downgrade from exec). My lines have not changed on as card which is just over year old and Hilton is only five months. I'm holding off since its a pain to combine citi lines and I doubt I will keep the as card next year (unless I can PC it to DC).no point in my mind of growing an AF card that I may want to drop in a year or two. Also I want to pick up premier card this week.
;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 22
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

to reiterate what previous user said..

just try for a sp cli.. if you go online, it will tell you if a credit bureau will be requested or not.  if no credit bureau is required, give it a go. they can offer sp cli every 6 months.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my Citi AAdvantage for almost a year with no CLI. I waited for this elusive 6 month auto CLI and the link to do a SP CLI online, neither ever showed up. Finally got sick of waiting around and did the HP CLI on their website and went from $7700 to $25000. I'd say give it a go especially if it's a SP for you, wasn't for me but other members seem to be luckier in this area than I was.
Message 6 of 22
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Like I said, my Double cash has been my primary card of use. And I have been putting a lot of money through it and paying it off completely. My discover was my first non store card that started at $500, and now its at $3,500 so I am content with that. I wish my DC was around there, or a bit more. Specially since I stopped using my Fidelity which is at $5,500.

As I said, I don't hear of Citi handing out very many auto CLIs, as evidenced by the lack of replies to this thread. Hopefully others will chime in if they have had success. Upon doing a search, you can see that it's not a common occurrence with Citibank compared to other lenders. So I gave you the next best option, which has been quite effective. If that won't work for you, then you can either take the HP and try for a larger limit now; or you can keep waiting indefinitely to see if they eventually give you what you seek. From personal experience, I've never been given an auto CLI from Citi, but I also never have issues obtaining SP CLIs either. So, as they say, YEMV.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 22
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I've had my AA Platinum for over a year and it's still stuck at the original limit. Although I always get the SP message when I try for a CLI on the website, they never budge on increasing my limit. And this was my primary card and currently holds the record of my lowest APR @ 13.2%. I already gave up trying so OP you are definitely not alone on this one....

Message 8 of 22
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

I've had my Citi TYP card for well over a year now.  It's been stuck at the original $3k limit since day one.  

No Auto-CLI and I never have the option for a SP CLI.  It always states a credit report will be pulled...

Alway pay on time.  No lates.  PIF.

So it is 100% YMMV with Citi on CLI.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an initial credit limit of 7k on the DC citi card, opened it 6 months ago, have a current balance of around 4k and yesterday i got an email

(c/p)
We are happy to let you know that we've increased the credit limit on your Citi® Double Cash Card to $9,000†. Since you are one of our best customers, we want to make sure your card is keeping pace with your needs.

With an increased credit limit, use your card for more purchases and continue to earn cash back TWICE on every single one of them. Plus, you don’t have to worry about hitting any cash back limits
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.