Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is CITI and their CLI's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is CITI and their CLI's?

Had my Citi TYP since June 2013 and never got an auto CLI. Always had to request it. I went from 3500 to 6300 with two SP CLIs. Had my DC since April of this year, I'll probably have to requeast a CLI in October. 

Message 11 of 22
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I had my Forward card at 99% UTL for like 3 years, finally paid it to zero, let the statement cut, SP CLId it from 2500 to 3700. Small victories
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 12 of 22
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Just received SP CLIs on both my DC & TYP today.

DC opened 5/22/2015 up $1,200 to $2,900

TYP opened 7/5/2015 up $750 to $2,750

Better than nothing!

Message 13 of 22
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

Better than nothing!

Hey Santi,

I see this in the when I go to the Citi Credit increase page.

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

Does this mean a Soft Pull or Hard Pull?

Fee

Message 14 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

That message is a definite HP.
Message 15 of 22
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@FeeBear wrote:

@Santi78342 wrote:

Better than nothing!

Hey Santi,

I see this in the when I go to the Citi Credit increase page.

It's easy to find out if you qualify for a credit limit increase. By clicking "Continue" you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.

Does this mean a Soft Pull or Hard Pull?

Fee

Yup definitely a HP.

It will explicitly state that they will NOT obtain a credit report if you are eligible for a SP CLI. It also asks for income and housing payment.

Message 16 of 22
FeeBear
Regular Contributor

Thanks SAnti!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xgac12x wrote:

Ive had the DC for a few months now and its my primary card. Always PIF and Ive been pushing a lot of money through it. They wont seem to budge on my CLI when I am spending this much, as well as having other larger limit cards that i could use instead. Even my Fidelilty Amex that I dont use anymore gave me a CLI lol. Anyways, any thoughts to how I could get an auto increase? or just patience 

When I applied for Citi Double cash they gave me a disappointing $2,700 credit limit. I requested a credit limit increase immediately when I received my card that result me another hard inquiry on my credit report and was approved $15,000 (wished i requested more lol).

I originally said to myself "well dont push your luck just ask for $10,000 and I said "No im going to try $15,000 it's my first Citi card maybe they want me to be their big  valuable customer (paying interest)" and when I was approved for $15,000 I regret not pushing for $18,000 Smiley LOL because 6 months later...

Citi gave me a soft pull credit limit increase from $15,000 to $18,500 Smiley Tongue 

Lesson learned. Don't be too shy with Citi. It's just Citi Smiley Very Happy

‘’It’s easy to find out if you quality for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.’’

SOFT PULL

‘’It’s easy to find out if you qualify you a credit limit increase. By clicking ‘’continue’’ you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.’' 

HARD PULL
Message 18 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Ive had the DC for a few months now and its my primary card. Always PIF and Ive been pushing a lot of money through it. They wont seem to budge on my CLI when I am spending this much

People rely far to omuch on usage.  Your credit and your income are the primary factors that determine the CLI that you qualify for.  You'd need to determine what concerns Citi has with your credit and address those.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

‘’It’s easy to find out if you quality for a credit limit increase. A credit bureau report will not be requested and you will receive an instant decision.’’

SOFT PULL

‘’It’s easy to find out if you qualify you a credit limit increase. By clicking ‘’continue’’ you understand that we will obtain a credit bureau report to evaluate your request. Our credit department will review your request within 24 hours.’' 

HARD PULL

And it's REALLY easy to blow by those and not read them right when you're excited or have been told by CSR it wouldn't be a HP or both. Smiley Wink 

I thought I was doing a SP on my TY Pref. I asked for $15k thinking it'd get countered at about $10k. I got the full $15, but it was a HP. I later moved that over to my DC, so it was worth it. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.