Did you mean: 

How is CITI and their CLI's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is CITI and their CLI's?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Ive had the DC for a few months now and its my primary card. Always PIF and Ive been pushing a lot of money through it. They wont seem to budge on my CLI when I am spending this much

People rely far to omuch on usage.  Your credit and your income are the primary factors that determine the CLI that you qualify for.  You'd need to determine what concerns Citi has with your credit and address those.

i agree. depening on the bank too but overall i think ''usage'' is a myth. If you're not using it what do they have to lose ? they not feel its a risk giving you more. After all they make money too if they give you more and you not pay in full each month. But they also don't make money if you don't make your payments. But if you miss it they most likely make money by charging you a late fee and may hurt you more if they put that on your credit report. I have a lot of credit cards i do not use. If they give me a limit i do not like i just don't use it. I have cards i not use for a year or more and surprisingly i get a letter or email saying:

''Congratulations we have increased your credit limit.'' Barclay's letter said ''We know you have many choices when selecting a financial institution, and we thank you for making your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard your card of choice.''

lol  Now Capitol One however if you do not use their card and ask for a credit limit increase it will come back and say:  

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One ® account. Unfortunately, your account isn't eligible right now. We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

· This account has not had at least 3 monthly payments made over the last year

So i think just need to know your bank. If you have other cards with higher limits but you're using your other cards with lower limits then they not going to think you need a credit limit increase. For me its all a game but they can see in your credit report which ones you're using Smiley Wink and which ones have balances.  For me ''usuage'' is a myth because i have many cards i not use at all and all has increased twice some 5x the original credit limit with a soft pull. 

Message 21 of 22
red259
Super Contributor

Re: How is CITI and their CLI's?

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Ive had the DC for a few months now and its my primary card. Always PIF and Ive been pushing a lot of money through it. They wont seem to budge on my CLI when I am spending this much

People rely far to omuch on usage.  Your credit and your income are the primary factors that determine the CLI that you qualify for.  You'd need to determine what concerns Citi has with your credit and address those.

i agree. depening on the bank too but overall i think ''usage'' is a myth. If you're not using it what do they have to lose ? they not feel its a risk giving you more. After all they make money too if they give you more and you not pay in full each month. But they also don't make money if you don't make your payments. But if you miss it they most likely make money by charging you a late fee and may hurt you more if they put that on your credit report. I have a lot of credit cards i do not use. If they give me a limit i do not like i just don't use it. I have cards i not use for a year or more and surprisingly i get a letter or email saying:

''Congratulations we have increased your credit limit.'' Barclay's letter said ''We know you have many choices when selecting a financial institution, and we thank you for making your Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard your card of choice.''

lol  Now Capitol One however if you do not use their card and ask for a credit limit increase it will come back and say:  

You recently requested a credit line increase for your Capital One ® account. Unfortunately, your account isn't eligible right now. We know this isn't the answer you were hoping for and we want to help you understand why:

· This account has not had at least 3 monthly payments made over the last year

So i think just need to know your bank. If you have other cards with higher limits but you're using your other cards with lower limits then they not going to think you need a credit limit increase. For me its all a game but they can see in your credit report which ones you're using Smiley Wink and which ones have balances.  For me ''usuage'' is a myth because i have many cards i not use at all and all has increased twice some 5x the original credit limit with a soft pull. 

It depends on the lender. Some lenders will definetly deny you if you don't use your current credit line. Other lenders weigh your credit report more. Granted once you hit your credit ceiling with a lender then more usage is not going to make them give you a higher credit line. However, there are cases where ususage does factor in. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.