cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is CITI if you've burned them in the past???

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: How is CITI if you've burned them in the past???

Out of all the lenders, American Express is probably the most risk-averse lender.

Therefore they seem to be the strictest lender when it comes to people who have burned them before or people whom are "riskier" than what they would like.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 14
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

YMMV in this situation regarding Citi.  But i can tell you with certainty, that i personally know of people who have burned Citi, and were later approved.  Mind you it was several years later when they applied, but were approved.  Later on, one friend was approved for a 2nd Citi card with a very generous credit line.  So, i've seen it happen, but of course YMMV, but i'd wait several years before trying again. It's possible perhaps some written off accounts have been purged from bank records for some, and maybe not for others.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 12 of 14
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Interesting. I burned them over 10 yrs ago. Again, they weren't one of the cards on my list when I turned things around, but I may consider later on down the line.
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 13 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

When I first turned 18 and went to college, I got sucked into all the credit offers that were thrown at kids during the first week of classes. I remember i got a CITI because I got sucked into the MLM Herbalife. Didn't work out so well. I burned CITI. So my question is, how long do they keep those records on file? Are they along the same lines as AMEX??

According to a friend, they have an endless memory. She burned tham in 1977, and she still cannot get back with them. Good luck to you if you ever app with them again. Stranger things have happened.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.