Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Chase with CLI after Credit Limit Re-Allocation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is Chase with CLI after Credit Limit Re-Allocation

So I really want that freaking CSP that I never can get.... but they did recently give me a $12K IHG...

I applied for the CSP a week or two ago and of course was denied because of "Too many credit cards opened in the past 24 months." Called to recon and she said that reason is not recon-able.

So.... could I call back and ask for it with a credit limit reallocation of say $5K?

And if so, and they let me, how are they with CLI in the future? Would it work just like anyone who got approved the old fashioned way or is it harder?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: How is Chase with CLI after Credit Limit Re-Allocation

@Anonymous wrote:

So I really want that freaking CSP that I never can get.... but they did recently give me a $12K IHG...

I applied for the CSP a week or two ago and of course was denied because of "Too many credit cards opened in the past 24 months." Called to recon and she said that reason is not recon-able.

So.... could I call back and ask for it with a credit limit reallocation of say $5K?

No. Chase won't give you a non-branded card if you have too many cards open in the past 24 months, and it doesn't matter if you have oodles of limit to transfer. They are not going to give you the card to transfer towards to begin with.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if that would help as there is talk that Chase has a new policy of no UR-earning cards if more than 5 have been approved in the past 24 months (any bank). I am not sure if it's confirmed but there seem to be a lot of supporting data points. Also, co-branded cards like IHG or United don't count, but only things like CSP or Freedom. Have you had more than 5 cards in past 24 months?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All right. Then no UR-rewarding card for me for the next year and a half.

Yes, most every card (except for one or two) in my signature have been opened in the last 2 years.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.