Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Chase with CLI?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

How is Chase with CLI?

From my reading, I know that CLI requests will be a hard pull.  My question is, with that in mind, what can I expect in terms of CLI from them? Any suggestions on best way to approach this (wait 4 statements/6 prior to requesting, call in/do online, etc.)

Currently I have Chase Amazon with 2k starting CL (got about 1 month ago) and Chase Freedom with 1.5k starting CL (got about 2 weeks ago).

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: How is Chase with CLI?

@Duncanrr wrote:

From my reading, I know that CLI requests will be a hard pull.  My question is, with that in mind, what can I expect in terms of CLI from them? Any suggestions on best way to approach this (wait 4 statements/6 prior to requesting, call in/do online, etc.)

Currently I have Chase Amazon with 2k starting CL (got about 1 month ago) and Chase Freedom with 1.5k starting CL (got about 2 weeks ago).

Yep. Hard pull almost always.  OTOH, they ask how much you want. Just tell them. Worked for me.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 25
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

When did you request your first one? I was thinking at my 6 month point (right after refi but before it starts to report)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 25
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I received an automatic CLI on my Chase Amazon Visa about 4 months. I requested a CLI on my Freedom after the 2nd month just calling the regular number on the card and it was doubled.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 25
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

When did you request your first one? I was thinking at my 6 month point (right after refi but before it starts to report)

It was my first one a couple months ago. I wanted it to be a higher limit since my wife is joint on it and we use it for pretty much all household expenses and need flexibility. Even though it's NPSL (siggy) I'd like to avoid exceeding the CL  Got the card in Jan. They offered it, Slate, and the SP when I opened a checking account. Initially it was 7k.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 5 of 25
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I had received my CLI through Chase automatically about three months ago on a 9 month old Chase Sapphire Preferred. Went from $6,000-$10,000.

No HP or SP. They like PIFs and lots of usage. I used it for all purchases for 9 months straight and PIF before the statement.

Message 6 of 25
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I received an auto CLI after 3 months of heavy usage on my Chase United card. If you request one though, they will likely HP you.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 25
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

CLI's can be requested at any time with HP's.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 8 of 25
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

I received an $500 auto CLI on my Chase Freedom at the six month mark. No HP.  I use on my Freedom a lot.  It's pretty much my everyday card so I guess they do like usage. Sometimes I PIF and sometimes I carry a balance for a month or two, but always make a large payment towards the balance when I do.  

Slowly building....
Message 9 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wow!!! Some early clis I see!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.