Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Chase with CLI?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: How is Chase with CLI?

Ive been using my amazon card heavily (about 70% of the CL) and made multiple payments to it.  On my Freedom, Ive used it about average (20-30% CL) but havent made a payment to it yet.  Will PIF prior to statement cut date on 15th.

Should I increase my usage?  Im also pushing about 1k per month through Zync and about 1k per month through Delta.  Im also using about 1.4k per month on Walmart discover.   My crap1 and WF secures are seeing little use.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 25
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Wow!!! Some early clis I see!!

My initial CL with Chase Freedom was $4500 - when I received my 2nd statement in the mail, I was surprised to see my CL had increased to $6000.

Message 12 of 25
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Loving all these early CLIs...my Chase Amazon was just approved at $800 but it will definitely get some heavy usage on the Amazon front these next few months!  Gives me hope that they'll bump me up to a 4 digit CL in (hopefully) the not too distant future.

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 13 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

From my reading, I know that CLI requests will be a hard pull.  My question is, with that in mind, what can I expect in terms of CLI from them? Any suggestions on best way to approach this (wait 4 statements/6 prior to requesting, call in/do online, etc.)

Currently I have Chase Amazon with 2k starting CL (got about 1 month ago) and Chase Freedom with 1.5k starting CL (got about 2 weeks ago).

As you know, I just got a chase freedom as well.

My plan is to wait six months and then try sweet talking them into a small SP CLI.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I recently applied for Chase Freedom and got approved for 3k. I have a good feeling they are going to be great with CLIs! So far, my highest limit personal credit card!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 15 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

had my freedom since july. 

used all my 500 3 times and pif before statement cut each time. 

still at 500 4 months in =/ 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 25
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

It's no secret to any long time members of these boards that I absolutely hate Chase.  I use them like they try to use me.

I will say, though, that usage is important to them.  I've received CLIs that I didn't even want.  I give them 5 out of 5 for this one thing.

But, Chase is arrogant.  I use Chase for 0% APR w/ (0%) transactions (BTs) only.

Yeah, they happen.  And those numbers all are contigent on current debt.

The higher the balances on other accounts, the higher the trans fees.   When you have no balances to transfer, you get the zip fee.

Chase pays attention to every little detail, as we all should.

Aside from that, let it all play out as it should.

Message 17 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

It's no secret to any long time members of these boards that I absolutely hate Chase.  I use them like they try to use me.

I will say, though, that usage is important to them.  I've received CLIs that I didn't even want.  I give them 5 out of 5 for this one thing.

But, Chase is arrogant.  I use Chase for 0% APR w/ (0%) transactions (BTs) only.

The higher the balances on other accounts, the higher the trans fees.   When you have no balances to transfer, you get the zip fee.

I will likely get my sign up bonus and then only use the card enough to keep it open. Then denied me the intro apr offers, but gave me a $5k limit??? I don't really like Chase, but I will give them a chance. Maybe in time they will get better.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 18 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I will likely get my sign up bonus and then only use the card enough to keep it open. Then denied me the intro apr offers, but gave me a $5k limit??? I don't really like Chase, but I will give them a chance. Maybe in time they will get better.

Call the app status number. I called it tonight and it was updated. I have 0% intro APR until12/2013 according to the automated system. Not exactly 15 months like they said but I still got it.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 19 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Call the app status number. I called it tonight and it was updated. I have 0% intro APR until12/2013 according to the automated system. Not exactly 15 months like they said but I still got it.

When I called and talk to them, they said I was not approved for the intro APR and that I am stuck at 23%. I wasted a perfectly good rant about their false advertising and deceptive marketing haha. 0% APR until 12/2013 according to the recording. Yet another case of the computer having more power than the CSR's, starting to sound like crap1. Thanks for the heads up to call again. Smiley Happy

I might carry a balance on the card at 0% and keep the money in an interest bearing account until the end of next year.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.