tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: How is Chase with CLI?

@Dustink wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

It's no secret to any long time members of these boards that I absolutely hate Chase.  I use them like they try to use me.

I will say, though, that usage is important to them.  I've received CLIs that I didn't even want.  I give them 5 out of 5 for this one thing.

But, Chase is arrogant.  I use Chase for 0% APR w/ (0%) transactions (BTs) only.

Yeah, they happen.  And those numbers all are contigent on current debt.

The higher the balances on other accounts, the higher the trans fees.   When you have no balances to transfer, you get the zip fee.

Chase pays attention to every little detail, as we all should.

Aside from that, let it all play out as it should.

I will likely get my sign up bonus and then only use the card enough to keep it open. Then denied me the intro apr offers, but gave me a $5k limit??? I don't really like Chase, but I will give them a chance. Maybe in time they will get better.

Call the app status number. I called it tonight and it was updated. I have 0% intro APR until12/2013 according to the automated system. Not exactly 15 months like they said but I still got it.

When I called and talk to them, they said I was not approved for the intro APR and that I am stuck at 23%. I wasted a perfectly good rant about their false advertising and deceptive marketing haha. 0% APR until 12/2013 according to the recording. Yet another case of the computer having more power than the CSR's, starting to sound like crap1. Thanks for the heads up to call again. Smiley Happy

I might carry a balance on the card at 0% and keep the money in an interest bearing account until the end of next year.

LOL that's what I assumed. They can't just suddenly revoke a promotion if that's what it was when you applied. Why do they say it's 15 months when it isn't? Unless my math really sucks...they are like a month short...1/2014 no???

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

It is in the fine print that they don't have to grant you the promotion at all. It is "on approved credit only", so they can just say you didn't qualify. Yes, 15 months would be 1/2014. I may mention that to them at some point, but I am just glad they didn't completely back out on the promotion. I went up the chain and each one said I was declined the promotional intro APR. At one point I asked a manager "why don't you advertise $1,000,000 intro bonus and then hide in the fine print on approved credit." He said that would be deceptive marketing, you can imagine how I correlated that to getting denied an advertised intro apr.

I am glad I am getting some intro APR. 14 months is better than nothing. I still haven't decided if I am going to use it though. I always PIF, but I guess setting aside the money in my own account is just as well.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 25
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

After 6 months of good payment history on there card you have a great chance of being consider for a CLI. I called in, and after 6 months I got a CLI of $ 300 .
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 23 of 25
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ItchyAppFingers wrote:
After 6 months of good payment history on there card you have a great chance of being consider for a CLI. I called in, and after 6 months I got a CLI of $ 300 .

They gave me a $5k starting limit. I thought it was pretty nuts have no relationship with them yet. I'll take it, and I am hopeful their CLI's are generous to me as well.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 25
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@ItchyAppFingers wrote:

im hoping them matching my banks 2k limit =)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.