Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Citi for Luv?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is Citi for Luv?

I see on my Citi card site that there is a luv button and I am wondering if it's there all the time, or if it appears if and when they will consider a CLI.  Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this?

Van

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is Citi for Luv?

They do give luv, but it's stingy and costs a hard.

Message 2 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

This came up the other week.  Assume hard INQ as the rule. 

Some people are able to get softs (or account reviews not sure) by calling in.  Also if you hit the luv button you might get a pre-approved CLI offer which is not a hard INQ on occasion.  Apparently it's a pop-up.  If you don't get the pop-up and proceed.... it's a hard.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I called them and requested it from $700 they gave me $2500...they also lowered my apr from 21% to 15%.. i should mention that my fico score all went from low 600's to past 650+ so i made an improvement in a matter of 3 months.... now i am just waiting to see how big of a jump my ficos will make since I am getting CLI's everywhere.. it was a hard BTW

Message Edited by fijidaddy on 12-19-2007 10:41 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A 3X CLI and an APR reduction is worth a hard IMO-

Congrats-

@Anonymous wrote:
yeah I called them and requested it from $700 they gave me $2500...they also lowered my apr from 21% to 15%.. i should mention that my fico score all went from low 600's to past 650+ so i made an improvement in a matter of 3 months.... now i am just waiting to see how big of a jump my ficos will make since I am getting CLI's everywhere.. it was a hard BTW

Message Edited by fijidaddy on 12-19-2007 10:41 PM

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm telling you guys CITI is very good for CLI if you PIF every month. I started at 500 CL on Jul 07 with APR 15.98 now my CL was 18K (yes it's 18 with three zeros followed). I'll call them next month or two to request for lower APRs. Bottom line is you wanna charge everything then PIF 4-5 days before due date then ask for CLI after next statement went out. (hard pull every time but worth it).
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm telling you guys CITI is very good for CLI if you PIF every month. I started at 500 CL on Jul 07 with APR 15.98 now my CL was 18K (yes it's 18 with three zeros followed). I'll call them next month or two to request for lower APRs. Bottom line is you wanna charge everything then PIF 4-5 days before due date then ask for CLI after next statement went out. (hard pull every time but worth it).

FWIW, I have asked for a CLI on my Sears/ Citi over the phone and online. Both times the answer was no, but there wasn't a hard. I saw a soft for the first phone request, but none for the second. (It was pretty soon after the first request.)

Don't know if it's different since it's a co-branded retail/ Master Card.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.