Did you mean: 

How is Citi on product changes?

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Re: How is Citi on product changes?

@jawbrkr wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

I'm currently PCing from AA Platinum to Costco. The process takes about 1.75 months, so careful timing is necessary to avoid the second year's AF (or at least have it refunded).

The upcoming loss of Admirals access on Prestige is shifting me to be more of a Delta customer.

Citi takes 1.75 months for a PC?? **bleep**? 

I can also confirm that.. I converted my TY Preferred card to the Citi Dividend roughly 1.5 years ago and was told it would take 45 days until the change became effective. God knows why their system needs that long to acknowledge the change.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 11 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
After a year of card membership they will usually allow a downgrade to Double Cash, assuming that is still available a year from now. That said, the AA card is pretty easy IMO to decide if it's useful or not. The card just helps you earn AA miles. If you use their program it could be useful. If not it won't be and you may as well just apply for a Double Cash. Are you in the AA miles program?

The card does more than that with a free checked bag, priority boarding and a bonus back when redeeming miles. Not that useful for someone who does not fly AA but if someone flies even a few times a year it can be worth while. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

With that wait to PC I'll have to really time it to avoid being hit with an AF. I would have never guessed it takes that long. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are rules in the credit card law that require a 45 day period on product changes that kick certain matters such as apr, benefits and in truth I can't remember all. Some card providers find ways around the time wait but Citi generally doesn't. Been caught on the 45 day thing twice (it is a pain). In the end you get where you want to be.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.