Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is HSN Card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How is HSN Card?

I have decided to stay healthy so I can enjoy the benefits of the new credit. So I ordered a TreadMill on HSN.

When I was placing the order, it said I am preapproved for HSN Card. I took a pass on the card, I dont want to add new inq or accounts at this time.

Does any of you have experience with HSN Card?  Looks like it is issued by GEMB. I am not sure how good they are with CLI and Service. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is HSN Card?

Good for you! Getting credit healthy, physically healthy, mind healthy(well that's to be determined. LOL!)

And yes, I have thoughts.....many thoughts! And some of them are even good! Smiley Happy

As far as the HSN card, I don't have it, but I do have a QVC card. IMO, those tv shopping cards can be a good deal for you, IF you do a lot of shopping with them. I applied for the QCard because I saw a purse I fell in love with, plus some other things I wanted as Christmas gifts. I rarely buy things from them though. I'm not a big tv shopping channel buyer....just a watcher.

One advantage to those cards are the 'easy-pay options'. That's pretty neat. I put the purse on easy pay.

I regret getting the QCard quite frankly. It cost me an inquiry, and will be on my CR for 2 full years. I will not get the mileage out of the card that I'd need to justify having it. A M.C. or Visa works just fine.

It may work for you though. Don't get me wrong. You just have to purchase a lot of stuff from them for it to be of service value to you, imo.
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Red1Blue wrote:
I have decided to stay healthy so I can enjoy the benefits of the new credit. So I ordered a TreadMill on HSN.
When I was placing the order, it said I am preapproved for HSN Card. I took a pass on the card, I dont want to add new inq or accounts at this time.
Does any of you have experience with HSN Card? Looks like it is issued by GEMB. I am not sure how good they are with CLI and Service. Any thoughts?

Hi, concord--by now, you know my opinion of GEMB, and it isn't good.

It's always fun to be asked to app, but a lot of times, it's not worth fooling with. When I popped up at the Lowe's counter and asked them to activate my Home Depot card, lol, they asked me to app for the Lowe's card, which is GEMB. Despite my mortified embarssment, I declined.

By now, I think that you probably have enough credit that you can stop app'ing just for the sake of having another account, and just go for the ones that you want to have for the next 5 or 10 years.

This is the sniper/ sharpshooter approach, as opposed to the machine-gun approach! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:
Does any of you have experience with HSN Card? Looks like it is issued by GEMB. I am not sure how good they are with CLI and Service. Any thoughts?

Hi, concord--by now, you know my opinion of GEMB, and it isn't good.

It's always fun to be asked to app, but a lot of times, it's not worth fooling with. When I popped up at the Lowe's counter and asked them to activate my Home Depot card, lol, they asked me to app for the Lowe's card, which is GEMB. Despite my mortified embarssment, I declined.

By now, I think that you probably have enough credit that you can stop app'ing just for the sake of having another account, and just go for the ones that you want to have for the next 5 or 10 years.

This is the sniper/ sharpshooter approach, as opposed to the machine-gun approach! Smiley Very Happy

Hi Hauling, I didnot apply for the card, I did not even think about apping. I was just curious. I have enough cards to last life time. If I apply for any personal card it would be Discover once my scores reach mid 700's.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.