Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Juniper these days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is Juniper these days?

VeenVegas:

I dont know what to else to say but when I see a really bad review from a bank and from others users. I definitely listen to the users. In addition to closing my account, at the time i was approved a $3,500 CL they withhold me $20 from my credit line. I don't get it. I called and asked they said it's just to protect me from going over the limit. I'm still not getting at this point and it's annoying. PLus they are alot and i mean tons of bad review about Juniper more than any other banks if you google it. Awefully bad review and i mean really aweful....Really scare me off...

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 06-11-2009 01:52 PM
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I truly believe that you cound surf the web and find horror stories about any company you were investigating. I definitely would not have closed out a $3500 account with a 7.9% APR because of anything I read on the web.

I'm with you. I have no doubt that there are people out there with legitimate complaints against Juniper, but I'm also sure that the same can be said for any of the CC companies. 

Heck, I would have kept the card and made minimal purchases on it and reap the reward of having that TL. 

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

VeenVegas:

I dont know what to else to say but when I see a really bad review from a bank and from others users. I definitely listen to the users. In addition to closing my account, at the time i was approved a $3,500 CL they withhold me $20 from my credit line. I don't get it. I called and asked they said it's just to protect me from going over the limit. I'm still not getting at this point and it's annoying. PLus they are alot and i mean tons of bad review about Juniper more than any other banks if you google it. Awefully bad review and i mean really aweful....Really scare me off...

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 06-11-2009 01:52 PM

I don't understand what you weren't understanding about what they told you about the $20...it's not like they were charging you or anything. Al they were saying was that they were limiting your limit by $20 so you didn't go overlimit. Heck, I would have loved it if CCs would have done that for me back in the day! That way you wouldn't be charged overlimit fees. They're really just protecting you by doing that. 

I personally haven't noticed more complaints about Juniper than other CCcs (BoA, Chase, Cap One) but hey, you need to do what is right for you. I myself would have kept the card open and only used it for minimal purchases if I was that nervous. I mean, if I already took the hit for an inquiry and opening a new card, why not get something out of it? 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely agree with ficofever that you need to do what's best for you or what you feel comfortable doing. I just think you let a lot of web blog complainers convince you to close a good card.

I actually took your advice and googled Juniper looking for bad reviews. Then I checked these exact same sites for complaints against BofA,Chase,AMEX, and Citibank. Funny thing...I found the exact same types of complaints against all of these companies there also. CLDs,rate jacking,late fees,incorrectly applied payments...all the same.

So, if you want to believe the blog 'plainers...best get rid of all your other cards too!!!  According to these blogs, they're all bad..

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah true, i just go with my feeling. I was not regret for closing it, though i regret one thing a hard pulled inquiry on my credit report (EQUIFAX)..
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper has been good to me.  No rate hike. CL is $1500.  Customer service is hit or miss, but they do get it right eventually.  They gave me a card with a sub 600 score 11/07 and a dismissed c13.  My Tu is now over 700.  They're not the best, but far from the worst.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had an EmigrantDirect MasterCard, issued by Barclays, since June, 2006. My CL was $25,000 until early this year, when Barclays knocked it down to $14,400 because "you are only using a small portion of your available credit." I suspect that the fact that I always PIF might have influenced their decision.

It's a decent card that pays a 1.4% cash back rebate on all purchases, so I use it instead of my PenFed Visa for purchases that wouldn't qualify for PenFed's 2% (groceries) or 5% (gasoline) rates. There's a catch, though: to qualify for the 1.4% rate, you must maintain $10,000 in an EmigrantDirect online savings account. Otherwise, the rebate rate is just 0.4%. This might be a problem for some.

I also have a Barclays-issued L.L. Bean Visa card with a $30,000 CL that hasn't yet been reduced, although it doesn't see much activity - typically, less than $50 per month. I'm waiting for that shoe to drop.

Message 27 of 28
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Juniper hit me with a rate increase from 8.99% to 14.99% recently. I have a $1500.00 CL with them and only carry around a $70.00 balance for a few days every other month or so. When I tried for a CLI I think they responded that I had enough credit through them and their affiliates.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.