Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is dillards with CLI?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How is dillards with CLI?

I know it is a gemb issued card. I got the card with $200 cl. I am thinking of spending lot of money and pay it off every week in hopes of getting a cli on the card. What is your expereince on this card and their cli's? Should I just sock drawer the card or should I use it heavily and hope for a cli?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is dillards with CLI?

There's a few posts here on Dillard's giving $250 CLI's every four months.  I opened mine July of this year, asked for CLI just short of the four month mark (I think I hit the luv button rather than call) and sure enough - $250 increase.  So I went from $700 to $950.  I also saw a few posts that Dillard's likes to see some action or they are willing to CLD, so SD might not be the best plan for them.  I hope others will post on this because they are a bit of a drive for me, and I'd like to get a feel for how much action they are looking for.  I put a couple hundred on, PIF'ed, and then put nothing on it for a few months before the CLI.

Good luck with your Dillard's - they sure have some Awesome Sales!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've received CLI every 4 months.  The last CLI was automatic at exactly 4 months since I requested the previous CLI. 

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Glad to see some happy customers of GE, The only GE Bank I like dealing with is the business credit cards, My Dillards Amex has seen 1 $200 CLI in 2 years of MUCH activity and I have requested a CLI everyone 6 months and always declined
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
I know it is a gemb issued card. I got the card with $200 cl. I am thinking of spending lot of money and pay it off every week in hopes of getting a cli on the card. What is your expereince on this card and their cli's? Should I just sock drawer the card or should I use it heavily and hope for a cli?

Sounds like you are thinking of doing some Christmas shopping and getting some use benefit toward potential CLI?  Can't hurt....and it you are going to shop anyway and they have items and prices you like......why not?

Let us know where this goes for you.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

My DW has had her Dillards card at $1500 since 1988.  They just decreased her CL to $124 out of the blue.  Weird amount i thought... $124?  and never sent her anything.  Just noticed it on credit report and looked on line and sure enough.  She hasn't used it in probably a year or more.  has NEVER been late of over limt on it in 22 years and has a credit score of 800+

go figure.

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rebuilding wrote:

My DW has had her Dillards card at $1500 since 1988.  They just decreased her CL to $124 out of the blue.  Weird amount i thought... $124?  and never sent her anything.  Just noticed it on credit report and looked on line and sure enough.  She hasn't used it in probably a year or more.  has NEVER been late of over limt on it in 22 years and has a credit score of 800+

go figure.

Thanks - yet another experience with Dillard's decreasing CL due to non-use.  That helps us understand their MO.  I like my Dillard's card and I love their sales - I just don't know how often I'm willing to make the drive to keep the card open.  I hope once a quarter keeps them happy ;(.
Message 7 of 11
wajj
Contributor

@rebuilding wrote:

go figure.

A CL ending in 24 is GEMB's way of indicating that the limit was decreased for non-use of the card.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had my card about a yr use it all the time pd on it every wk never missed a payment nor late out of the blue my card was  decrease by $100 to (200) called last mouth increase it back to the cl of $300.....and im still there.....Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 11
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Thanks,  I told her to call them yesterday and ask what was up and make sure they don't do a hardpull...  the increased her back to her original amount no prob. He did teller her that it was due to non-use.

11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.