cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How likely am I to get approved for BCE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How likely am I to get approved for BCE?

My AAoA is 8 months and my oldest TL is 1 year and 4 months

Chase Freedom opened 9/12

Discover More opened 8/12

Wells Fargo Cash Back opened 1/12

I have a few student loans as well, I am just waiting until next month in order to drop my utilization to about 3%

Do you guys think I have a shot? or should I try for a charge card?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: How likely am I to get approved for BCE?

In my personal opinion you're more likely to be approved for a charge than the BCE so far. If you're willing to wait at least 4 months, then you have a good shot at the BCE!

Message 2 of 12
Brandnick
New Contributor

What is your fico score now ? 

Based on a lot of other persons posts you should be safe if you are over 720,  however I have seen persons getting approved with score starting from 680

The more important question is what is the purpose of getting a new card if its " just because " then don't get one if it because you need it them try. 

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 3 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

i would guess 25% chance at best

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brandnick wrote:

What is your fico score now ? 

Based on a lot of other persons posts you should be safe if you are over 720,  however I have seen persons getting approved with score starting from 680

The more important question is what is the purpose of getting a new card if its " just because " then don't get one if it because you need it them try. 

My fico score is 704. I am getting this card mainly because of the consistent reward categories on gas and groceries plus no AF

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@distantarray wrote:

i would guess 25% chance at best

So if I apply 4 times in a row i'll get it? Sweet!!!! haha jk

Message 6 of 12
Brandnick
New Contributor

Ok 704 you have increased your chance to about 70% the risk to Amex is your credit is really young without much history . 

Current Score: 771 - 11/21/2012/ Amex Pull
Late Payment: 0 / Collections: 0
AAOA: 6.3 Years

"My Scores Yesterday or Last week or even Last month has no value when applying for credit today. The value is not in my score but the information in my credit file. Once the information is good the score will follow"
Message 7 of 12
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol reminds me of dumb and dumber quote "so do I have a chance? like one in a hundred? no.... one in a million..... so ... your telling me I have a chance! YEA!

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 12
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

My best bet is to wait until April and you guarantee the approval. Right now there is a risk with new trade lines and young history.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 12
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried AMEX's pre-selector?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.