cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long Balance transfer will post on my Discover?

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

How long Balance transfer will post on my Discover?

Hey guys, I just BT 100 dollars from Discover to Chase Freedom just for fun and for learning, since I never did BT before. How long will Discover posted the BT? Although Chase said up to 3 weeks.Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shawn_L
Established Member

Re: How long Balance transfer will post on my Discover?

I can't say for sure with the companies you're referring to... But when I recently did a balance transfer with my Cap1 card to my new USAA card, it only take 7 days for the whole process to be completed.

Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

Hey guys, I just BT 100 dollars from Discover to Chase Freedom just for fun and for learning, since I never did BT before. How long will Discover posted the BT? Although Chase said up to 3 weeks.Smiley Tongue

generally 3-7 days.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
parkman
Regular Contributor

If you go to the BT page on the Discover site, it gives you the timelines. IIRC, it's 14 days.
All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.