Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long? NFCU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long? NFCU question

How long until NFCU reports new account to credit bureaus. Just curious .Its been a month since my spree and NFCU and cap1 are the only 2 not yet reporting .Amex did not wait til the 2nd statement as many people on here have reported either FYI. Also does anyone remember how long cap1 takes? Ive only had 1 card with them amd Don't remember how long . I feel like there shouls be a whole master thread with data points such as these .And also when inquiries report/how long. Just like the back door number thread etc. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long? NFCU question

Nothing is absolute with a 100% guarantee.

Cap1 typically reports after your second statement.

NFCU can vary from what I’ve read. Typically after the second statement at the latest. 

HP inquiries report and will stay on your report for 2 yrs. They lose sting after 1 year.

SP inquiries and approvals do not affect your report. 

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Mine reported within 3 weeks. Ymmv i also believe the closer to the begining of month you got your card more likely it reports faster. Not sure if true though. I remember reading they like to update all bureaus at end of month.
Message 3 of 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

As mentioned, it seems to vary greatly.  When I opened my first CC with Navy, it reported within a week or two.

Opened my second CC with Navy 01/08/18, and it STILL is not reporting...  doh.

So the answer is... "no idea"  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my cashRewards on the 5th of a month and it had reported by the 30th. Amex on the other hand took longer then 90 days after opening.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.