cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after getting a new card do they report?

tag
GPMDRL
New Contributor

How long after getting a new card do they report?

Hi all,

Im having great success with creditrebuilding. I just got a discover card with a $1500 limit. I've had for about 3 weeks now. Will this show on credit reports when I get my first statement or does it take some time?  Just curiouarid I get a score bump since my only other card had a $500 limit. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: How long after getting a new card do they report?

I've had my discover card for a while now and it has yet to report...I guess they report when the statement closes.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 8
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

Discover told me they take 60-90 days after opening before first report.

My card had been compromised, they'd closed it and sent me a new one, and after sending new card gave me a credit increase.  I got to 2 months with no change on credit bureaus so I called and asked and thats when I found out the policy.

Message 3 of 8
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Credit Reporting News - Hope this information helps/make you feel better!

Message 4 of 8
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I've had my discover card for about 3 weeks and it showed up on all three of my reports in about a week....my 1st statement close date was not until yesterday.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 8
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@kpresod This scares me. Government involvement may mess things up even more and may make GW adjustments impossible.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
kpresod
Regular Contributor

That could be true...on the other hand....accounts that has been settled with creditors over a period of time; can in-fact be removed at an earlier date! Rather than scaring one's report for many years. I believe the government is all about finding more ways to make more money....in my opinion. So I don't see why they'd stop gw letters, and give people a hard time in accumalting more credit cards, loans, mortgage, etc......Then again I can be wrong about all of it! We just gotta wait and see.

Message 7 of 8
GPMDRL
New Contributor

Ugh 60-90, dang. My impatient butt was hoping for sooner. Oh well, sit and wait. Thanks for the replies!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.