Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before I should worry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before I should worry

I applied Apr. 3rd and was approved for QS card. Apr. 6 they said it was mailed. Today is the 19th and it has not yet arrived. 13 days and counting.

On the 12 I was added as an AU on my fiance's cap1 platinum. It arrived today just 1 week out.

Should I worry the otger card is lost? It is not activated, so I am not worried it was stolen.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long before I should worry

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied Apr. 3rd and was approved for QS card. Apr. 6 they said it was mailed. Today is the 19th and it has not yet arrived. 13 days and counting.

On the 12 I was added as an AU on my fiance's cap1 platinum. It arrived today just 1 week out.

Should I worry the otger card is lost? It is not activated, so I am not worried it was stolen.

It should have reached you in 7-10 business days... Call them to double check, just to be on the safe side...

Message 2 of 15
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

CapOne is slow but I don't believe they're that slow.  Call them up and they'll cancel the one that was mailed and if you ask, maybe they'll overnight a replacement to you. 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds to me like the card got lost en route.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that and hope you find that card or can get another one sent. Cap One ought to be like Discover, who send their cards with USPS tracking (which is free these days for domestic mail so they really have no excuse!).

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Cap one yesterday. They told me to call back today if it did not arrive in the mail. It did not, so I called back today and now they're advising I wait another four business days and call back next Wednesday. Next Wednesday is the 26th exactly 20 days since the "shipping" date they emailed me. 24 days from approval.
Message 6 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would be worried Op keep calling and get that one cancelled and get a new one sent out
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I'd keep calling until you get someone who isn't kicking the can down the road because they don't want to deal with it. 

Message 8 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Seriously how hard can it be for them to cancel it and resend a new one. Not sure but keep on them what else is there to lose?, besides another cardSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Seriously how hard can it be for them to cancel it and resend a new one. Not sure but keep on them what else is there to lose?, besides another cardSmiley Wink

Maybe they are trying to save about 1.00$ in processing and mailing costs?  Smiley Very Happy Sorry, I could not resist.

OP, I would call and try to speak to a manager. The amount of time you have waited so far is way too long!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.